PDA

View Full Version : Different size bearings on Grizzly bandsaw-Why?

Michael Heffernan
06-16-2012, 8:38 PM
Okay, so I just ordered and received 10 VXB 6202-2RS sealed bearings to replace the stock shielded bearings on my G0514X2 bandsaw. My bad, I didn't check the specs in the manual before ordering. What I found is the lower thrust bearing is a different size, 6000ZZ or 6000-2rs.
9 bearings (4 upper guide, 4 lower guide, 1 upper thrust) are the same size, but that lower thrust bearing is smaller. WHY?
Now I have to get one more bearing. Hopefully I can get it locally, as the shipping for one is cost prohibitive.

Van Huskey
06-16-2012, 10:06 PM
I doubt anyone outside the engineer that specced that bearing could actually answer the question. I have run into this several times and in most cases it seems the lower thrust bearing is smaller which I assumed is due to packaging of the lower guide assembly where space can be a premium.

Ours is not to reason why, our is just to pay and buy... :D

Bruce Wrenn
06-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Fastenal stocks bearings. They usually can get any bearing they have in master catalog into local store over night, without any additional shipping charges.

Curt Harms
06-17-2012, 9:57 AM
Nice saw. I don't have one but I do have a Rikon 10-325 and put a smaller O.D. bearing in the lower thrust bearing position like you seem to have. The reason I did so was because I ran a 3/4" blade when I first got the saw. The stock lower thrust bearing. would not move back far enough to permit the 3/4" blade to track centered on the wheels, the bearing/guide would hit a large carriage bolt head. I wonder if your bearing is undersized for a similar reason.