PDA

View Full Version : Felder Owners Group

Rick Potter
06-16-2012, 3:47 AM
Anybody out there got pull with the Felder Owners Group ( the one and only original FOG)?

When I moved 7 years ago, and switched internet providers, they somehow dropped me. I have tried numerous time to rejoin. At first, I got a message telling me I wasn't me, then later no contact at all. Now, even tries to start from scratch are dumped by Yahoo. They take all the info, then immediately tell me I have the wrong password etc, right after setting the password.

When I first moved, it was the FOG site that refused me, but lately I suspect it is now a Yahoo problem, rather than FOG, because I have never gotten on the FOG site in the last few years.

No, I don't want to go back to AOL. No, no, no.:eek:

Rick Potter

Myk Rian
06-16-2012, 8:46 AM
I don't understand what Yahoo would have to do with Felder.

ian maybury
06-16-2012, 10:08 AM
The issue seems to be Rick that the forum runs on Yahoo Groups. Yahoo fairly clearly don't invest much by way of personalised or non-routine support in these stock forums - of which there are huge numbers. With the result that it can be hard to get technical issues affecting individuals sorted out. Troubleshooting seems to be largely a case of DIY.

The main guys on FOG are generally helpful (even if they do have their own very distinct style of tough love :)), but they don't necessarily I'm guessing have much closer of an involvement with Yahoo.

Maybe you could re-join via another network and ask for some help? They are pretty knowledgeable on IT tech issues.

Alternatively if you would PM me a short note describing your situation and problem with your name I'd be happy to post it for you - you'd have to look in to FOG to see what replies come.

ian

Rick Fisher
06-16-2012, 3:32 PM
I have tried to join that group a couple times. I tried again yesterday .. After jumping through a bunch of hoops, it said the servers where busy and to try again later..

I will try again now .. :) .. if i get through, I will sneak you in ..

Rick Fisher
06-16-2012, 3:36 PM
felder-woodworking-owner@yahoogroups.com

Send an email to John, Scott or Brian ..

Tell them what's up ..

ian maybury
06-16-2012, 3:58 PM
Message sent just now saying that you are having problems, and asking for help. I'll PM you here with anything that comes back to me.

ian

Rick Potter
06-16-2012, 9:54 PM
Thanks guys,

I am sending an e-mail to John and Scott. If it's the John and Scott I am thinking of, I know them both.

Rick Potter

EDIT: E-mail sent.

john hejmanowski
03-09-2017, 1:06 PM
This is a rather old thread I am resurrecting, but I have the same problem of trying to join the Felder Owners Group. They aren't responding to my join request. Is the group still active? Anybody know?

Thanks. John H

john hejmanowski
03-09-2017, 1:18 PM
Wow. I used the email address in the above thread from Rick Fischer. It worked. Just got a response from Brian.

John H