PDA

View Full Version : dewalt 725 planer replacement blades?

Stephen Sebed
06-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Does anyone make blades for this planer that are able to be sharpened? I've seen one brand of carbide tipped blades that say they can be "lightly sharpened once". I've read mixed reviews on both the OEM blades and the shilex spiral head

Thanks,
Stephen

edited to add: I meant to type dewalt 735

Joe Spear
06-16-2012, 6:52 AM
I think you mean DeWalt 735. Some people have honed the blades lightly to use them longer, but they are pretty thin for a serious sharpening. If you don't like the spiral head, Infinity sells carbide blades for the machine, which they claim last ten times longer than the steel ones.

Stephen Sebed
06-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I was hoping there was a company making blades out of better quality steel that I could have sharpened easily. Does anyone know how well the infinity carbide blades last compared to the stock dewalt blades? They cost about 5x more.

Andrew Hughes
06-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Hi Stephan, I have a set of the carbide tipped blades from infinity.And I like them a lot.If you do decide to get them don't send them out for sharpening if they grind too much they will be too short for the planer.I can show you a cleaver way to sharpen blades for the dewalt even the stock ones if your interested.