PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a source of high quality presentation cases for model 1911 .45

Bruce Clumpner
06-15-2012, 3:33 AM
I've got the opportunity to provide presentation cases for some specialty engraved .45 pistols. Can anyone provide a source for a high-end product. Looking along the lines of a high gloss finish and velvet liner that can be personalized.

Let me know in the forum or PM if you want.

Thanks

Bruce Clumpner
06-19-2012, 2:21 AM
Here's what I'm looking for:

Found this supplier in Alabama, Howell Display Cases. Pretty nice stuff. I'm now working on a quantity deal.
http://howelldisplaycases.com/images/stories/1911a1%201996%20colt.jpg

Steve Clarkson
06-19-2012, 2:24 AM
Bruce, did you look at the JDS rosewood boxes with the laser cuttable foam?

Bruce Clumpner
06-19-2012, 3:23 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the suggestions! I've used their lacquer coated boxes before and am looking for something a step or two above that. Something I can use 3-D laser carving instead of just raster engraving.

I'm also pursuing local sources. Guess I should look in the other SMC forums for a local craftsman?

Thanks.

bruce

Lee DeRaud
06-19-2012, 5:32 PM
I'm also pursuing local sources. Guess I should look in the other SMC forums for a local craftsman?Mike Henderson lives in Tustin: I did some engraving for one of his boxes and he does absolutely beautiful work. Depending on how many and how fast you need them, he might be interested...can't hurt to ask.

Bruce Clumpner
06-19-2012, 8:26 PM
Thanks, I'll reach out!

-bruce