PDA

View Full Version : If you're thinking about upgrading to CD X6 ...

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-14-2012, 1:30 PM
You may want to seriously considering ordering it before June 18. They have a special going on for the first 90 days following the launch of X6 that you can upgrade any OLD version of CD excluding the academic, home, student, OEM and Not for Resale versions.

I called their order line and confirmed that my CD ver 8 had a valid serial number and was able to order X6 for the discounted upgrade price of $200. If you select the download version you have the option for Corel to mail the clipart DVD to you for a $9 shipping fee, so I opted to have the boxed version sent to me for the same $9 shipping charge.

I've been debating on ordering a new version of CD for awhile now since I didn't want to deal with the hassles of converting to a new version, but what sealed the deal for me is X6 finally supports OpenType Fonts.

Dee Gallo
06-14-2012, 1:58 PM
And you CAN upgrade an Academic version to the X6 Academic version for $99.

Braden Todd
06-14-2012, 6:23 PM
Thank you for posting this! I am in desperate need of a new laptop and all software to go with it. You just saved me some serious $$

Thanks again!

Rich Harman
06-14-2012, 8:05 PM
I upgraded the X5 Academic version to the X6 full version for $199. The box they send says upgrade but it installs the full version if you have a serial number of a previous version. They even provided a serial number for me to use so I did not use my old academic serial number.