PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Bruce Overholt
04-04-2005, 3:43 PM
Hello, I'm Bruce Overholt, and I'm happy to have found this Forum. A little about myself, I've decided to get into woodworking, as Mid-Life Therapy. I have experience in remodeling. Right now I'm in the process of aquiring a small shop full of tools. Most of my old power tools were used hard and replcement parts are hard to find
So far I picked up the following new tools.
1) Grizzly 1023SL Cabinet Saw
2) Grizzly 12 speed floor model drill press
3) 14" Band Saw
4) Bosch 12" CMS
5) 2 Cordless Drills
6) 2 PC Routers
7) Workbench
8) Various Items i.e. Dado Blade, Bench Dog Router table, an Osborne EB3, Clamps etc.
It will still be a little while before I get up and running, out of a one car garage. Every thing is on mobile bases.
My opinion on power tools are as follows: Bosch and PC have served me very well in my remodeling. Grizzly is always looked at, and considered as a baseline, and because I am a 3 Hr. drive from the Williamsport Pa. Store.
However, I do look at all tools before I make my decisions.
I'm looking forward to participating in these forums.

Bruce

Jerry Olexa
04-04-2005, 3:48 PM
Welcome, Bruce. Looks like you're off to a good start. Good choices. We are glad to have you, Its a great group of people.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-04-2005, 5:27 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek Bruce! Beware the photo cops! No gloat is official with out accompaning photos....... Again...Welcome!

Bob Noles
04-04-2005, 5:49 PM
Hi Bruce and welcome to the finest group of people you will find anywhere. Looks like you are off to a good start with that arsnel. Look forward to hearing more from you and hope you will keep us up to date on your progress.

Michael Pfau
04-04-2005, 6:51 PM
Welcome Bruce, Looking forward to some project pictures!

Alan Turner
04-04-2005, 8:54 PM
From a fellow Pennsylvanian, welcome.

lou sansone
04-04-2005, 9:17 PM
welcome to the creek.. you will have to post at least a few photos to make it official.. The grizzly stuff is pretty decent IMHO. It is probably more important that you actually run the tools and make sawdust, than wash and wax them like I have heard of some ww's doing ;)

regards
lou

Mark Singer
04-04-2005, 9:19 PM
Bruce, Glad your with us...these are some of the nicest guys in woodworking....welcome!

Bruce Overholt
04-04-2005, 9:57 PM
I've got my larger tools together so far. My Grizzly 1023SL is all tweaked, table extentions mounted properly. I was surprised to see that my run out with a Forrest WWII Blade installed was less than .001 of an inch. Infact, I tested it several times with my Dial Gauge. I had the most trouble with my splitter.
I'm very impressed with the Osborne EB3. Making some test cuts and adjustments showed how accurate the EB3 really is.
My Jet 14" Band Saw setup was without a hitch. Same for the drill press.
Just need to get my Garage cleaned out.

Bruce:)

Corey Hallagan
04-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the Creek Bruce. This is a great group of guys.

Corey

Ted Shrader
04-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Hi Bruce -

Welcome to the Creek. A friendly bunch of folks here with lots of good advice about all sorts of things.

Welcome aboard,
Ted

Mark Singer
04-04-2005, 11:53 PM
And if I haven't said it......welcome....terrific place.... wood you join us?

Dan Forman
04-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Welcome Bruce! In the short time I have been a member I have learned quite a bit. I am in a similar situation as you, just getting a shop set up. You will find this to be a tremendous resource.

Dan

Ken Salisbury
04-05-2005, 7:32 AM
http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/welcomeplane.gif

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif