PDA

View Full Version : Coming to LA

Matt Meiser
04-04-2005, 1:37 PM
Looks like I'll be coming to the LA are (Lake Forest specifically) the first week of May for some training. Not sure on the times for the training, but is there anything I should make sure I see if I can?

Mark Singer
04-04-2005, 1:47 PM
ME!!!!!!:p
Looks like I'll be coming to the LA are (Lake Forest specifically) the first week of May for some training. Not sure on the times for the training, but is there anything I should make sure I see if I can?

Jim Becker
04-04-2005, 1:55 PM
I gotta agree with Mark on that suggestion!! A "must see" attraction on the south, left-coast!

Dennis Peacock
04-04-2005, 3:09 PM
Hey Matt,

Go by and visit with Mark and remember to sneak back a few of his hand planes on the return trip!! :p :p :rolleyes:

Seriously though, visit Mark if you can swing it. I've never met him in person and would love to one of these days. :)

Jerry Olexa
04-04-2005, 3:43 PM
Meeting Mark and seeing his shop would be the icing on the cake for your trip. Enjoy!

Jim DeLaney
04-04-2005, 6:47 PM

When you go to see Mark, have him take you to Austin Hardwoods.

Actually, maybe you should go there first, to get all the drool out of your system before you cause rust on Mark's tools...

Mark Singer
04-04-2005, 8:50 PM
Matt,

Lake Forest is a whole 20 minutes from here...give me a time and date and I will make some time for you. I will be in Chicago for the NRA Covention...Resturant not rifle:) on the 23rd thru 26 of May...other than that I should be around. We can trow some wood in the vise and plane it and beat it with a mallet and saw on it and post it on SMC....eveyone will say..."interesting...you guys really made something ...well...different" "Primative and unusual" another said...."Thats great design" ...said a new member...such great guys...they love everything!:rolleyes:

Matt Meiser
04-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Mark, I sent you a PM with the preliminary details. I look forward to it. I've never been to Southern California before. I was in San Fransico in 1999/2000 for Y2K--spent the evening in a high rise downtown for one of our clients who wanted an engineer in every office that night "just in case"