PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my G.Weiki 1290 off the pallet?

Phil Horne
06-12-2012, 12:53 PM
My laser should be delivered in the next day or so and I was looking for suggestions on how to get it off of the pallet??

Thanks in advance.
Phil

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-12-2012, 2:18 PM
Phil, without a description of where you are or what type of building the laser will be placed in, it's very difficult to give you any answers other then use a tractor or forklift or pallet jack at your building's loading dock.

I would suggest searching this forum to see how other engravers described their delivery process.
Check out Dan's post http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?182681-My-Shenhui-laser-order-process
or Keith Outtens post http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?154975-My-New-100-Watt-Laser-Engraver

Phil Horne
06-12-2012, 2:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Mike.. Ill check out those threads.. I have the unloading all taken care off. Its the actual unpacking and getting the laser off of the pallet that has me wondering.

john banks
06-12-2012, 2:46 PM
It was a tense evening for us getting our 1280 off. Our workshop has doors just wide enough to get the pallet in on a fork lift, the ideal would have been to use the fork lift to take the machine off the pallet I think, but instead we did it with jacks, ramps, and a few storms on the shores of matrimony, but it worked out OK in the end. Surprisingly heavy though!

Phil Horne
06-12-2012, 2:58 PM
Fortunately I have nice big roll up doors on my warehouse so I guess I can just set it down then un crate it and use the forklift to move it off of the pallet... I guess we shall see soon.

Graham Facer
06-13-2012, 5:04 PM
We used a forklift with fork extensions under the legs - just fit then so maybe see if you can borrow some. I also could lift it with 2 steel bars under the main bed and then used 2" fabric tie downs to suspend it from the fork extensions (which had holes so slipping wasn't an issue). 2 chain hoists with some fabric straps might work also. Or 4-6 strong friends might do it (6 would be better).

GF

Rich Harman
06-13-2012, 6:51 PM
I took my 1400 x 900 off the pallet all by my lonesome. I ripped off the leveling feet (see much earlier post about that) so that it was on it's wheels then lifted one side, rolled it a couple feet, then set it down. Lift the other side, slide pallet out of the way then set it down. It's really not that heavy.

Before that I had to remove the chiller from underneath. I lifted up one side, propped it with a 2x4 then retrieved the chiller.

Larry Robinson
06-14-2012, 9:00 PM
Talk to the trucking company. We requested a truck with a lift that is built in to the back of the truck for non-dock deliveries. I bought a GW6090 and it worked out very well. Then just remove the wood frame. Finally, you can use a small car jack to lift the laser to get the bottom of the pallet out.

Rich Harman
06-14-2012, 9:12 PM
My first one, the 1400 x 900 was delivered via a lift gate. The crate was so large that it stuck out beyond the edge more than two feet. We had to turn the crate around inside the truck so as to get the heavy end toward the front of the truck.

It might be good to remind them the size of the crate just in case they have different sized lift gates on the trucks. The truck that delivered mine was on the small side.

Lucy Lee
06-14-2012, 9:43 PM
Hi Phil,

your machine will be deliveryed to your warehouse dorectly,it is door to door service,so what you need to do just open the crate.

Best Wishes
Lucy Lee
G.WEIKE LASER