PDA

View Full Version : Illinois vs N. Carolina !!! Your pick?

Jerry Olexa
04-04-2005, 11:23 AM
HUGE game tonight, guys!! Illinois has played well when they had to but this NC team scares me a bit! The Illinois-Arizona game was an outstanding finish but really, AZ was in control and didn't handle the last 4 minutes well and Illinois played perfectly then to close that 15 pt gap! They did pull away from Louisville @ end but too many 3's taken and missed for me earlier in the game. Anyway, I will root for the Illini but NC is awfully strong w 4 lottery picks and a GREAT sub off the bench as well as an experienced coach. How do you guys see it?? Anxious, :)

John Miliunas
04-04-2005, 1:25 PM
Anybody on the Illini team named "Bret"??? Oh well... they *still* get my vote!:D They've played fantastic ball all season and have it coming! (IMHO...):) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-04-2005, 1:26 PM
Jerry......I'm rooting for the Illini but.....the one team I didn't want to see them play was NC! I'm with you in that NCs a great team of players with an equally great coach. Paint me ANXIOUS too!

Jerry Olexa
04-04-2005, 3:46 PM
[QUOTE=John Miliunas]Anybody on the Illini team named "Bret"???

Hey John, they may need a "Brett" to help them w n. carolina. Should be a good game. NC is loaded w talent (did I see R. Moss in the lineup?).

Steve Knowlton
04-04-2005, 6:11 PM
Illinois All The Way. Keep Nc Coach From Winning It All Again. Nothing Personal Just Think Illinois Coach Is More Deserving. My $.02 Worth .

Jerry Olexa
04-04-2005, 7:54 PM
AGREE!! Illinois coach is 1000% more deserving but we still have to win on the court and this a very talented group @ NC.

Ron Jones near Indy
04-04-2005, 9:23 PM
I would love to see Illinois win. I just don't think they can stop Sean May and friends. May is an Indiana native so it won't be too bad if NC wins.

Kevin Beck
04-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Too late to get in on this action?

NC by 5 is my guess :D

Illinois did make it interesting in the second half though.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-05-2005, 12:16 AM
It was a good tournament! The number 1 & 2 seeds played for the Championship! You didn't want to leave your seat!

Roy Wall
04-05-2005, 12:33 AM
I've rooted for Kansas ever since Roy W. came there 17 years ago.......never got it done..

I thought Illini would win tonight- but my heart was with NC........so I'm glad the Tar Heels won.

Sloppy game in several sections....I always felt like NC was going to turn the ball over- just at the wrong time.....

Arnie Grammon
04-05-2005, 1:03 AM
I'll go ahead and pick UNC.

Yeah, I know the game is over........but give me this, please! It's the only time I'll be able to pick a sure winner in the NCAA's. Nothing else has worked.

Arnie, and not known for his pick'em abilities :o :)

Jeff Sudmeier
04-05-2005, 8:34 AM
I still pick IL! :) Just wanted the big ten team to win :)

Joe Mioux
04-05-2005, 8:44 AM
It was a fun-exciting season.

Joe

Donnie Raines
04-05-2005, 9:01 AM
Ok, Ok I called it...to the number(I did not make that projection here...this was between my pops and I). I picked UNC to win by 5 with a score of 75 to 70......!!!! :eek: :eek: :cool: . I simply picked the first numbers that came to mind......and won myself a cool 20 bucks.

It was a great season!