PDA

View Full Version : Vector and Raster line width changes in CDR X6

Robert L Stewart
06-10-2012, 8:09 PM
Hello all, I read the forum everyday and have been for over two years, love it! So much wonderful info, thanks to you all.

I use and really like Corel Draw X3 (almost 3 years) and will keep that version on one P4 computer that runs win xp pro 32 bit.

X3 has been a great version that never crashes but it is getting slow as I increase the number of objects and symbols in my files. I have a new comp with win 7 pro 64 bit running CDraw X6 and the latest epilog 64 bit driver for my mini 24. I have been using the new X6 for 3 days .

In X3 a hairline or .001 is a vector cut. A line width of .005 and above are raster lines and they work well in my Epilog mini 24. I am using a 1.5" diam lens. In X6 a .005 line will not raster but only vectors. If I change it to .006 it becomes a raster line and will engrave OK.

The big Question:

Does anyone have any experience with this change? Is there a way to make .005 raster as it did in X3. I have hundreds of files that are all .005 line width. I don't mind changing them but would rather not. Could this change be because of the latest Epilog 64 bit driver that I am using with win 7 pro? Almost all my files have oddles of very fine detail (.005) and they would look a bit muddy changing the line width to .006.

X6 is all new to me and no doubt I have not found the change option yet. Hope there is one.

Thanks for any help,

Robert

Mike Null
06-11-2012, 7:48 AM
In my drivers I have the option to select raster or vector. You may also be able to do it with color selection.

Robert L Stewart
06-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I do have the option to select raster or vector in the driver.

Still looking but have not found a way to change the line width that rasters back to .005. It must be a driver issue along with how X6 sees that line width.