PDA

View Full Version : Commission Clothes Hamper

Lee Schierer
06-10-2012, 8:08 PM
A Lady from our church who is familiar with my work asked me to design a custom clothes hamper to fit in a narrow space in her bathroom. I drew up a plan and costs and reviewed them with her. She then ordered the hamper. I finished it this week and delivered it this morning. It is made of red oak and red oak plywood. The interior frames are made of poplar as are the drawer sides. The drawers were only 10" deep so I made wooden slides for them to run on. Note that there are no handles on the bins or drawers as she has not yet purchased them. I did offer to stop by and install the pulls when she gets them. The finish is natural with oil based polyurethane since this will be in a damp location. There are three coats on the outside and two on the inside. It took about 12 hours of work to complete the project including the design time.234144234145234146

John McClanahan
06-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I like the tip out fronts. That way the top can have stuff siting on it. I don't see any venting. Will wet bath towels left in it be a problem?

John