PDA

View Full Version : Epilog X axis alignment

sal shepherd
06-09-2012, 9:04 PM
Epilog 24X18 , When I engrave in the upper right hand corner say a 3x2x2" rectangle my image is off app 1/8" on x axis to the left. When I engrave thin material 12" x 24" Romark The plunger hits the right hand ruler. How do I calibrate the x axis home? 2nd question when using laser max I use the marble type do you remove the plastic mask? I tried to get a clean burn using epilog settings that I use on my trophy tags with no problem.
The only way I could get a good engraving was to remove the mask and use transfer tape, is this normal?

Bill Cunningham
06-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Yes.. Remove the plastic before engraving.. You can leave it on while cutting, but not engraving..

Is the Xbeam physically out of alignment, or is it a software thing? My TT has a function in the menu that will allow you to re-calibrate home for both x and y, (directions will be in your manual) but if the cross beam itself is out of alignment, you have to physically correct it by dropping the belts from the beam, and using the mounting clips as a alignment guide. They should both be touching the back panel whenyou move either belt to the back..