PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Jackson auction

Rick Potter
06-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Whoopee,

I scored three tickets to the Barrett Jackson car auction in Orange County. I love to see the big bucks cars and buyers. Of course, I will leave disappointed because there will be at least half a dozen cars I cannot live without....sold to someone less deserving.

My brother and I went last year, and it was a lot of fun if you are a car nut. I even saw someone I know slightly, buying about 4 cars for his specialty car lot. This year, my wife wants to go too.

L. A. Roadster show one weekend, and BJ the next, a great month.

Rick Potter

ray hampton
06-09-2012, 2:36 PM
will you remember to take a camera for you and one for your wife just in case, we want to see pictures

Paul McGaha
06-09-2012, 2:55 PM
I like watching those on TV. My favorites are the muscle cars.

PHM

Brian Elfert
06-09-2012, 5:34 PM
I used to watch the BJ auctions on Speed pretty regularly until I got an HDTV two years ago. Comcast decided that I can get Speed in SD at no extra charge, but they want me to pay more for a sports tier to get Speed in HD. I won't watch anything in SD now so I quit watching Speed. Speed is the only SD channel that isn't also available in HD at no extra charge.

Rick Potter
06-10-2012, 1:28 AM
This is a warning,

If I bring back pictures, they will be of unusual cars, not so much valuable cars. Stuff like a Rolls Royce pickup, Elvis' Caddy, the Batmobile, etc. I have always gone for the unusual. Maybe that's why I have a hot rod '48 Jeepster, among others.

I will try to get some good pics.

Rick Potter

Joe Mioux
06-10-2012, 12:06 PM
The BJ auctions are fun to watch on tv, i can only imagine how much more fun they are in person....

John Shuk
06-11-2012, 6:37 PM
Uh yeah:rolleyes:;)

The BJ auctions are fun to watch on tv, i can only imagine how much more fun they are in person....