PDA

View Full Version : Poker Table Update / Finish Question

Jason Christenson
04-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Friday we finally started to make some actual progress on the poker table. We got all eight place settings joined and glued up. The next step will be to plane them to thickness, cut them to exact length, and then route the slots for the chips and the glass holders. That last step is the one that makes me the most nervous, although the practice runs we've done in pine look pretty good.

On Friday while I was staring at our ever growing pile of cut offs, I decided that a good accessory would be a matching cigar ash tray. Is there a finish that is designed to take that kind of heat or do I need to use some sort of insert?

Jeff Sudmeier
04-04-2005, 8:20 AM
Jason, I have never heard of a finish that would be able to take that kind of heat, but I am sure there is one out there. I think you would be best served by an insert.

Jim Becker
04-04-2005, 9:31 AM
Fuhr International makes some "heat/flame" resistant finishes, but they are not intended for this kind of direct and regular "threat". Use something made of glass as an insert if you need to have this kind of provision at your table. It's safe and easy to clean. Both are important qualities.