PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw circle cutting jig ideas..

Bill White
06-08-2012, 3:13 PM
Would (wood) like to see some ideas for circle cutting jigs for the 14" bandsaw. I know that I can buy one, but what's the fun in that?
Bill

Peter Kuhlman
06-08-2012, 4:16 PM
Woodsmith - Shopnotes have a plan.

Prashun Patel
06-08-2012, 4:27 PM
FWW has a couple good ones.
You can see some in action on the 'Tube as well.

John Gregory
06-08-2012, 4:40 PM
Norm had one too.

Peter Quinn
06-08-2012, 5:56 PM
The Williams and Hussey site has a good one detailed in the owners manuals somewhere on there info page. The basics involve a table to hold the size of circles you are making, a way to advance the work into the blade, a pin that can be spaced for different radii.

Bill Huber
06-08-2012, 8:11 PM
Here is mine that I made for my little 14" Jet. I have added a leg on it that hinges out and can be adjusted to support the table.
I got the rail and the little stop from Eagle America.

If I was making it again, I would make it a little smaller.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?95574-My-circle-cutting-jig-for-the-bandsaw&highlight=circle+jig

Bill White
06-15-2012, 3:20 PM
Thanks all. Most examples shown did not account for a fence and rails, so I just built one that attaches to the fence with clamps, has different pin positions, and can be adjusted for smaller increments by moving the fence.
Bill

Bill Huber
06-15-2012, 3:45 PM
Thanks all. Most examples shown did not account for a fence and rails, so I just built one that attaches to the fence with clamps, has different pin positions, and can be adjusted for smaller increments by moving the fence.
Bill

Well lets see it!