PDA

View Full Version : DIY Trade School Episode on Woodworking

Tim Morton
04-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Did anyone see this tonight? I was interested in the workbench...totally motivated me to find the plans and put it on my "summer list". I wish they had done it in an hour instead of slamming it into 20 minutes. I just signed up for DIY last week...so if this has been shown before I apologize. They had alot of info crammed into 30 minutes. Good show.

Corey Hallagan
04-03-2005, 10:22 PM
I haven't seen it. Will be looking for it now. DIY doesn't have enough woodworking. Wish they had more like David Marks show Wood Works and the Wood Working show. Thanks for the heads up!

Corey

Tim Morton
04-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Wish they had more like David Marks show Wood Works and the Wood Working show. Thanks for the heads up!

Don't we all!!

I think it plays later tonight at 12:30 am. http://www.diynet.com/diy/shows_dtrs/episode/0,2499,DIY_21538_37849,00.html

J.C. Stofer
04-03-2005, 10:42 PM
I did catch this episode tonight. I thought it was great! I really envied that student who left the corporate world and went to woodworking school :D. I thought it was interesting that the instructor didn't want him to use a tape measure so he learned to eyeball things and trust his gut. That workbench was sweet. Great stuff.

I looked up the web site for that school if anyone is interested. It's in Colorado. Here's a link to the woodworking school.

http://www.rrcc.edu/finewood/index.html

Corey Hallagan
04-04-2005, 1:04 AM
That bench was just plain sweet. Would love to be able to throw in the corporate towell and do something like that. No more airports, rental car agencies and hotel rooms.... just a wood shop. That would be nice..... now back to reality!

Corey

Jeff Sudmeier
04-04-2005, 8:23 AM
Thanks for posting the link to the show! I have saved the HTML files for that bench!

Ted Shrader
04-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Tim -

You are going to be pleased with DIY channel. All kinds of good stuff.

Ted