PDA

View Full Version : Morntech MT-L960 Laserworks/Corel X5 issue

karl gurtler
06-07-2012, 3:19 PM
Hello all, I am posting this on my husbands behalf. We are proud new owners of the Morntech MT-L960 and have been enjoying it immensely for the last couple of months but we are suffering from an issue with communication between Laserworks and Corel X5. We recently purchased Corel so that we could fix our rotary problems that we have been suffering with Laserworks as well as ease for photo engravings however we have hit a snag...The macros that we are supposed to install inside of Corel X5 are not installing properly. I understand from the video from Morntech that there is supposed to be three macro buttons that install, we only have two...the one with the hammer and what looks like paper is not there and from what we understand this is sort of an integral part of working these two programs together.

Anyone else have this problem or any wisdom on maybe how to fix it? Plenty more questions after this but right now we really need to get this figured out. Thanks!

Lori

Greg Facer
06-07-2012, 3:44 PM
Hello all, I am posting this on my husbands behalf. We are proud new owners of the Morntech MT-L960 and have been enjoying it immensely for the last couple of months but we are suffering from an issue with communication between Laserworks and Corel X5. We recently purchased Corel so that we could fix our rotary problems that we have been suffering with Laserworks as well as ease for photo engravings however we have hit a snag...The macros that we are supposed to install inside of Corel X5 are not installing properly. I understand from the video from Morntech that there is supposed to be three macro buttons that install, we only have two...the one with the hammer and what looks like paper is not there and from what we understand this is sort of an integral part of working these two programs together.

Anyone else have this problem or any wisdom on maybe how to fix it? Plenty more questions after this but right now we really need to get this figured out. Thanks!

Lori

I have the same issue, although I had no macro icons at all unless corel is run as administrator. It would seem that it is best to have corel installed directly in c:/ on the computer, rather than it's usual spot. I haven't done that yet, so I don't know how much it helps. However, that icon I don't think is even in the directory for the laserworks 5.x, and the manual you probably have is for 3.x (seemingly there is no update for the newer version). I'm not sure that type of export with settings even works any longer. I sort of doubt it if there is no icon.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?181819-Chinese-Shenui-Laserworks-tips-and-tricks-thread&p=1878003#post1878003

What I don't know is how one might go about setting the default cutting settings for each color in laserworks. It would seem it should be possibly, but I couldn't see where to do that. If I could figure that out, then using the export macro as is, or exporting to file and importing in laserworks would be quicker (or set up after it's in laserworks would be quicker).

Greg

Scott Moore2
06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I had the same issue when I first got my Morntech laser. David at Morntech in California used remote desktop and fixed it for me in a matter of minutes. I wish I could remember the steps, but it was quite easy. I'd use their technical support. It's a five minute fix.