PDA

View Full Version : New Stinger III CNC Router with Pic

Keith Outten
06-07-2012, 6:46 AM
The good folks at CAMaster, one of our sponsors, have announced a new Stinger III CNC Router. I received this picture yesterday via email.
The Stinger has come a long way, this one has a 49 by 98 inch cutting surface, the X3 (3 router) option, VCarve Pro, complete computer system and WinCNC.

Jim Underwood
06-07-2012, 4:14 PM
And all for the low, low price of $1,000, right? :D

That's all I could afford at the moment... If I give up my plan to add on to my shop...

Jerome Stanek
06-07-2012, 6:59 PM
Yup $1,000 down and 17,000 on delivery.

Keith Outten
06-08-2012, 6:44 AM
The question is are we going to see one at IWF in August?

Considering the features I think the Stinger III is reasonably priced. It seems to fit the bill for those who don't need a full size Cobra X3 and offers advanced features that would make the machine much more valuable than the Stinger II in a small shop. Three heads and a table large enough to machine plywood templates.....I like this machine.

I made a phone call yesterday and it looks like we will have a meeting room at IWF for SawMill Creek Members. As soon as i receive the assigned room number i will create a new thread and make the announcement.

Jim, hope to see you at IWF again. I am holding a set of DVD's for you here in my shop :)

Mick A Martin
06-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Keith, I look forward to meeting you again at the IWF

Joey stated the plans are to take 3 machines.

Stinger I

Stinger III with X3

Cobra 508 w/ ATC

one or both of the Stingers will have the Recoil.

Keith Outten
06-09-2012, 2:34 PM
Mick,

I'm looking forward to us getting together again at IWF, we will have to have dinner again this year.

The discount code for SawMill Creek Members this year is the word SawMill.

Joey Jarrard
06-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Keith here is a list of our deals for the show.
Thanks

Jerome Stanek
06-12-2012, 5:12 PM
Joey How hard is it to get the machines off the show floor. I have only worked the Atlanta convention center one time and you couldn't get anything moved without a shipping label and paying drayage charges.

Keith Outten
06-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Joey,

Thanks for the sneak peek at the show specials, I want one of each :)

Joey Jarrard
06-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Joey How hard is it to get the machines off the show floor. I have only worked the Atlanta convention center one time and you couldn't get anything moved without a shipping label and paying drayage charges.

Jerome if you want to discuss this you can call me. There is a way around the customer paying the fee. I see it as a cost of us doing the show.

Ross Moshinsky
06-14-2012, 4:59 PM
You pay drayage on things entering the show, not leaving it. Atlanta is a right to work state (no Unions). You should be able to do whatever you want in Atlanta without really any hassle. You should be able to drive up to the dock with a box truck and unload/load all your own stuff if you want. You just can't use any pallet jacks or anything heavy duty. Casters/wheeled carts are absolutely accepted.

Now if this was Chicago, you couldn't do any of this.

Joey Jarrard
06-16-2012, 2:18 AM
That is true. But to get machinery out can be a bit tricky. You have to register your truck and if it has to be moved by a lift puts you on a long list. Best bet is to get a hotel in cartersville about 45 min north of the show. We will bring the router back to our shop. Now if it is a table top or can fit in a truck bed no worries.

Jim Underwood
06-17-2012, 9:49 AM
Keith, I'll definitely be there. I wouldn't miss it. Now the new boss on the other hand.... He says he has to go to keep me under control.

Huh. Never thought that I got out of control. Not like I ever had any money to spend...:rolleyes: Although.... there was that one time I bought our KOMO router, a Holzher edgebander, a post lift, some software..... and I don't know what all else. Hadda be close to $200K. :o

Still, it wasn't MY money!:D

Keith Outten
06-19-2012, 7:43 AM
We will be traveling on Wednesday so we will be there from Thursday until Saturday. If Jim buys everything in sight on the first day Jackie and I will visit CAMaster's shop rather than walk around the Conference Center looking for something Jim forgot to buy :)

Joey Jarrard
06-22-2012, 10:57 PM
You are always welcome. If Jim gets it all we can just go to his shop. Its only about 2 hours from us. ;)

Jim Underwood
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Come visit any time...

One of these days I'll have to come visit y'all.