PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy new? Maybe

Bryan Oates
06-06-2012, 9:05 PM
edit title: Meant to type BUY new

I have an Epilog Legeng 24ex 2002 model. My tube has bit the dust and now have to decide to replace the tube in an outdated unit. This unit will only run on a 32 bit pc which is becoming scarce also.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a USA built machine. Has been a while since I purchased one and am quite out of the loop. What are some price ranges out there?

Thanks, Bryan

Keith Outten
06-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Bryan,

I suggest you take a very close look at Trotec laser engravers. Trotec is offering Members of SawMill Creek some nice discounts, send me a PM if you want the contact information.

Martin Boekers
06-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Trotec recently offed a pretty good discount on their Rayjet model 80watts, I believe a member here
recently purchased one for about $17,000. You may search the posts and see what he thinks of it.

Marty

Robert Tepper
06-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Bryan,

I just purchased a Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt for $16,500.

I have had the machine for two weeks, while I am new to laser engraving, I have been in the engraving business for over 30 years.

I love the machine so far.

Robert Tepper
Western Engraving
Gardena, CA

Martin Boekers
06-11-2012, 1:05 PM
Bryan,

I just purchased a Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt for $16,500.

I have had the machine for two weeks, while I am new to laser engraving, I have been in the engraving business for over 30 years.

I love the machine so far.

Robert Tepper
Western Engraving
Gardena, CA

Is there a difference between a Trotec Speedy 300 and a (Trotec) Rayjet Speedy 300?

Bill Overturf
06-11-2012, 1:31 PM
The Rayjet is a stripped down version of the Trotec. I believe you can add everything that comes with the Trotec but not positive. One huge difference is the software. I have never used the job control software that the Trotec uses but I will say I'm not real impressed with the Rayjet software. However with that said it is probably great for a beginner to me I've been doing this for 10 years and it seems very elementary to me but that could just be me

Mike Null
06-11-2012, 1:44 PM
The job control software that comes with the Speedy 300 is the industry standard. The Rayjet runs considerably slower than the 140 IPS of the Speedy 300.

Martin Boekers
06-11-2012, 1:44 PM
The Rayjet is a stripped down version of the Trotec. I believe you can add everything that comes with the Trotec but not positive. One huge difference is the software. I have never used the job control software that the Trotec uses but I will say I'm not real impressed with the Rayjet software. However with that said it is probably great for a beginner to me I've been doing this for 10 years and it seems very elementary to me but that could just be me

I figured there has to be differences, It would be nice to see comparisons on the 2 machines as wel as prices. What does a Trotec Speedy 300 go for today?
What don't you like on the software? Is it propriatry or can you use Corel. Is the driver different? Just curious because next year I may be shopping for a third machine
and the Rayjet version is about half the price of that I paid for my last Epilog. Does is come in a higher wattage as I was thinking to bump the next machine up in power?

Bill Overturf
06-11-2012, 1:58 PM
Hard to explain on the software. It is simple to use I will give it that. Our other machine is a Xenetech that I am getting ready to tear down and send the tube in for. Xenetech has its own software and a print driver for Corel. I dont like their software I am primarily a Corel user. The Rayjet has no where near the speed of our Xenetech but the Rayjet has alot more power. We have had some issues with the Rayjet one it keeps losing its home position which is bugging the hell out of me two there are some materials I cant find good settings for to save my life but I will get it all down one of these days