PDA

View Full Version : Twenty minutes with Alan Trout-Now with article!!!

Bob Bergstrom
06-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Was at the magazine rack yesterday looking through the British woodturning when I caught a glimps of an article called "Twenty minutes with Alan Trout". Looking forward to reading his comments. Congratulations Alan. Well deserved

charlie knighton
06-06-2012, 3:20 AM
you mean International Al, congratulations Alan

Steve Schlumpf
06-06-2012, 8:05 AM
Congrats Alan!! I hope it leads to much fame and fortune!!

Alan Trout
06-06-2012, 8:41 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate the compliments. I have only seen the article electronically as that is the way that I get the magazine, I will have to go to the bookstore and see if I can get a copy. It is all pretty exciting to me. I don't know about "Fame and fortune", but I do know it is fun to share with all of you.

Alan

John Keeton
06-06-2012, 9:06 AM
It was just a matter of time.....international recognition is no surprise!

Scott Hackler
06-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Very neat Alan. The accolades do not surprize me at all. Very well deserved. Maybe with your new fortune you can hire someone to load up that Robust lathe in Waco (so I don't have to help!) :)

Bill Wyko
06-06-2012, 4:35 PM
Alan, your work is excellent, I'd to sit down & pick your brain for an hour or so. Congratulations my friend.

Alan Trout
06-06-2012, 8:17 PM
Bill,

I would like to meet you as well. I will be in San Jose. See you there. And thanks for the compliments.

Alan

Bernie Weishapl
06-06-2012, 9:58 PM
Congrats Alan. Well deserved.

John Keeton
06-07-2012, 6:12 PM
For those that have not had the opportunity to view the article, with the express permission of Tegan Foley, Deputy Editor of GMC Publications and Woodturning magazine, I have uploaded the article.

I attempted several methods of getting a readable document, but this is the best I could do. The color and pics make the file size fairly large. When you open the thumbnails, click on them again and they will open in a new window permitting you to enlarge them one more time by clicking the image again. It should be readable at that point.

I appreciate and want to credit Tegan and her companies for permitting this posting.

Alan Trout
06-07-2012, 7:21 PM
John.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this I could not have done this without your help.

Alan

Bob Bergstrom
06-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks John, great read. Alan doesn't even mention his ability to aim and shoot, but that is a whole other talent he possesses.

Michelle Rich
06-23-2012, 5:57 AM
thanks John for making this available to us..congrats Alan.

Faust M. Ruggiero
06-23-2012, 6:32 AM
Alan,
Despite so many good turners all over the world, your originality makes your work stand out. Your process and color sense along with classic form gives universal appeal to your turnings. Congratulations on being "discovered".
faust

Tim Rinehart
06-23-2012, 8:30 AM
I too enjoyed the article Alan.