PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur Sliding Table EXSLT40 Question

Rick Reinsma
04-03-2005, 5:29 PM
Hi Everyone,
Can any of you tell me if you can crosscut a full 48" sheet with this particular model? If you can't, what is the maximum width that you can cut?
Thanks...Rick

Steve Cox
04-03-2005, 5:40 PM
I believe the last number is the crosscut distance for these particular fences. In other words, no.

Richard Danckaert
04-03-2005, 5:49 PM
Another company that makes sliding tables is Exactor.They are out of Toronto.Check them out.They have a website.Call them for a price.Sometimes cheaper then Excalibur.

No Affiliation.Just a satisfied customer.

Rich

John Lucas
04-03-2005, 6:51 PM
I dont know how their numbering system works but the 40 does have a 49" cross cut capacity...you do have to move the fence to the front for this is to work. No big deal. Much easier way to handle large panels is with Festool plunge saw and guide rail system...not that much more expensive and way easier to use.
The Excalber takes a lot of floor space. I had it on my saw for years and finally bit the bullet and took it off. Tired of bumping into the extension.
Exaktor is the name of the competitor. A google search will find the company. Phil Humfrey is pres and knows his stuff.

Ken Salisbury
04-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Much easier way to handle large panels is with Festool plunge saw and guide rail system...not that much more expensive and way easier to use.
You can also use the EZ Smart System (http://www.eurekazone.com/)