PDA

View Full Version : My new plane addiction

Steve Clardy
04-03-2005, 4:03 PM
This is getting bad. At the moment, I have this plane habit.:rolleyes:
Terry H. commented this was worse than crack. I am about to believe him.:eek::D

Tony Sade
04-03-2005, 4:50 PM
Good Lord, man,you're done for. Teach you to hang around with Terry. Some slope,eh?

Jim Becker
04-03-2005, 5:25 PM
Couldn't be any worse than turning...THE most addictive thing since crack...

Roy Wall
04-03-2005, 5:44 PM
Steve,

THat looks like only around 22 planes....I think you've got LOTS of room to grow!!! :cool:

Mark Singer
04-03-2005, 6:53 PM
I am suggesting we have weekly talk sessions ...an hour in the Chat room or a special Forum or SMC'rs with the habit....a kind of AA for plane addicts. :confused:

Steve Clardy
04-03-2005, 7:02 PM
Steve,

THat looks like only around 22 planes....I think you've got LOTS of room to grow!!! :cool:

Hmm. 23 and growing. One at Terry's getting a resto, 7 more coming.

Steve Clardy
04-03-2005, 7:06 PM
I am suggesting we have weekly talk sessions ...an hour in the Chat room or a special Forum or SMC'rs with the habit....a kind of AA for plane addicts. :confused:

I may have to join.:eek::eek:
What do the planers say. Slippery sloop? Lol
All I see is a deep revine with no bottom.:confused::confused:

Jack C
04-03-2005, 7:19 PM
To say nothing of the C-clamp habit!

Mike Holbrook
04-03-2005, 7:25 PM
Wait! Everyone in wood working knows you can't have too many clamps.

Steve Clardy
04-03-2005, 7:25 PM
To say nothing of the C-clamp habit!

Lol. Thats about half of my c-clamps.:eek: I do lamanited staircase railings along with staircases and cabinets. It takes a lot of clamps. I don't think anybody believes me about the total number of all clamps I have.:rolleyes:;)

Michael Pfau
04-07-2005, 7:51 PM
Never have tried crack, but I know one thing...before I die I will own every Lie-neilson plane they make.

Steve Clardy
04-07-2005, 7:58 PM
Never have tried crack, but I know one thing...before I die I will own every Lie-neilson plane they make.

Lol. I haven't either Michael. Just a saying I guess.:rolleyes:

Every Lie-neilson. Now that's gonna be close to the national debt.:eek::eek::eek::D

Steve:)

Corvin Alstot
04-07-2005, 9:43 PM
Michael/ Mark Singer is right, we have got to start something like a 12-step program for the hard core <S>addicts</S> collectors. :-)<S>
</S>

Tom Stovell
04-08-2005, 10:09 AM
I may know something about that condition....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ThosS/DSC02815.jpg

Tom

Matt Meiser
04-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Michael/ Mark Singer is right, we have got to start something like a 12-step program for the hard core <S>addicts</S> collectors. :-)<S>
</S>

Looks like Steve is already on step 31.

Steve Clardy
04-08-2005, 10:29 AM
I may know something about that condition....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ThosS/DSC02815.jpg

Tom

Wooooohooooo. Tom. Looks like you need to join AA planers also.:eek::)

Walt Pater
04-09-2005, 9:48 AM
Steve, I walked into my shared shop space yesterday morning and what did I find? An antique dealer had "sold" 4 ECE planes to my GC friend/L.lord for 40 bucks. So, despite having a pretty full day ahead of me, I spend an hour or so tuning up (that means "playing with") an ECE scrub plane which is in pretty good shape. Just had to feed the beast. I knew I should have gone to Sarasota.

Steve Clardy
04-10-2005, 3:03 PM
Steve, I walked into my shared shop space yesterday morning and what did I find? An antique dealer had "sold" 4 ECE planes to my GC friend/L.lord for 40 bucks. So, despite having a pretty full day ahead of me, I spend an hour or so tuning up (that means "playing with") an ECE scrub plane which is in pretty good shape. Just had to feed the beast. I knew I should have gone to Sarasota.

Understand that Walt. Thats like when I go out to a job site. My truck seems to off-track to the flea markets and junk shops before I get there.:eek:
Plane count this moring is up to 39 after going to a farm auction yesterday. Got 4 there.:D

Clay Craig
04-14-2005, 10:09 AM
"Should have gone to Sarasota" - ??

(I was IN Sarasota all weekend - I guess I might as well know what I missed ... sigh.)

Clay

Tyler Howell
04-14-2005, 11:17 AM
You guys got it real bad! Has this been coming on over time or this a new thing for you Steve?

Steve Clardy
04-14-2005, 12:10 PM
You guys got it real bad! Has this been coming on over time or this a new thing for you Steve?

Kind of a revived interest I guess Tyler. I haven't used hand planes since high school.:rolleyes:

Went to KC woodshow breakfast meet in March with the usual bunch that gets together once a year up there. Hatfield showed up with one of his resto Bedrocks. That got me cooking again.:eek::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::D
Been sliding downhill ever since.:confused::(:)

Tyler Howell
04-14-2005, 3:19 PM
That Terry Will get you in trouble every time:D,

I know what you mean. There are skid marks in front of every little antique shop I pass from locking up the breaks. Got some nice rust piling up here.;)

Steve Clardy
04-14-2005, 3:38 PM
That Terry Will get you in trouble every time:D,

I know what you mean. There are skid marks in front of every little antique shop I pass from locking up the breaks. Got some nice rust piling up here.;)

Lol. Skid marks.:o Good one Tyler. I gotta meet you one of these days. Yer a HOOT:eek: I tell ya.:D
Yesterday I was cruising the boulevard, a new section I discovered, saw a antique and rust place, was goin kinda fast, whipped on the signal, shut er down, and then heard some squealing behind me.:confused:
Wasn't my truck doin the squaling, it was a county dump truck, right on my tail.:eek: Oops:o:o:rolleyes:
Anyhow. I got outa that situation and found a like new #4 SB smoother in a box in this rust place. Well, I couldn't stand to see this like new shiny thing in there with all that rust, so I brought it home.

Matt Meiser
04-14-2005, 5:03 PM
Anyhow. I got outa that situation and found a like new #4 SB smoother in a box in this rust place. Well, I couldn't stand to see this like new shiny thing in there with all that rust, so I brought it home.

Boy, my 110 in the box would look really good next to that :rolleyes:

Steve Clardy
04-14-2005, 5:09 PM
Boy, my 110 in the box would look really good next to that :rolleyes:

Hmmmm. Seen something there this morning about some goodies you are parting with. I'll go check them again.
You get you a lever cap from the bay the other day?