PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
06-04-2012, 7:52 AM
4 June 2012

Good Morning Everyone,
This weekend was filled with activity for me and my 2 youngest sons (17 & 15) as the LOML and our daughter were gone to Tennessee for a friends wedding. I took the boys out to Old Chicago so they could try a Calazone of their own choosing for the first time. My youngest said it sounded yucky (yes, he's picky but he is improving) but that was until he got his Meat Me calazone and tried it. He LOVED it.!!! (just like I knew he would) :)
The boys and I had a good time eating out and goofing off Friday evening. We got out on Saturday after me working some Saturday morning and we rode motorcycle up to Mountain View, AR and walked around a for a bit downtown, listened to some local folks picking and a singing bluegrass. The boys got ice cream there and I just got a bottle of water. After that, we loaded up and rode home. It was a nice ride this weekend and we ended up watching a movie or two off of Netflix, ate some popcorn, sat up late and talked about whatever.
Sunday was church and I played bass for 2 of our services. We all came home, ate lunch and crashed for an afternoon nap.
We haven't had any rain here at my house in a very long time as we really need some rain. I keep cleaning my motorcycle and riding it in hopes that it will rain....I mean....isn't that the way it's supposed to work? You wash your car and it rains? Well, my cars are washed, my bikes are washed and I ride when the weather threatens in hopes to get some nice rain. None so far. I haven't lost hope....but I do keep praying that it will rain. ;)

Well it's back to work today and that's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Matt Meiser
06-04-2012, 10:17 AM
For once I didn't do a lick of yard work. The new mower is seriously cutting down my mowing time to where even a full mowing including string trimming everything can be done in and evening. We got a bunch of rain Friday but the weekend was pretty nice. LOML and I made a Costco run and then I spent the afternoon rehabbing a vise I recently bought. Sunday I worked in the shop for a few hours assembling the rehabbed vise and building a "second floor" on my Festool Sysport knock-offs to accommodate some recent additions. I wanted to squeeze one more Systainer 1 into each so I just built a little hutch-like piece on the top. And since efforts to sell my old vise haven't been successful, I'm assuming because of how ugly it looks, I decided I'll rehab it then re-list it so that went into the electrolysis bath to strip the really bad paint job someone gave it.

David Hostetler
06-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Spent some quality time with a cabinet scraper in hand clearing off some BAD paint drips off of the trimwork in the front hallway. The accent wall in the living room is done, I have some detail work to do in the front hall, and the trim problem to fix then all the masking tape comes off of there. More ladder time with drywall mud and water trays, taped up the seams on the ridge beam and got them mudded, need to do a little sanding, and stomping this week and I can finish painting the ceiling in the living room, and start working my way down the walls.

My HOA is gonna fuss, but I didn't do a lick of lawn work this weekend. I need to get to it before it starts raining though. Probably tonight after work.

Helped LOML out with heaps o' laundry, and cleaning up the kitchen. The water filtration guys are supposed to be at the house tonight to get my water filtration system worked on. New filters, back flush the RO canisters etc.... I hate this, my shop is where the RO system is. I do NOT like having strangers in my shop... Thank God for the alarm system and my inventory...

I need to clean up in my shop too. It's a MESS... Got junk everywhere... My shelving arrangement is NOT working at all like I had hoped...

Ryan Hellmer
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
I spent all day Saturday at an auction being silly. Picked up a couple machines. The conversion to 3 phase has apparently altered the wiring in my brain to where anything seems like a good deal. I picked up a 18" dual disc sander and a dual head delta production drill press. Took the wife out to dinner to break the news, then went home to see how I was going to wedge another 1500lbs into the shop.

Sunday we met my parents at the zoo after church for a picnic and some animals, then it was back home where my daughter and I continued to clean the shop (she's not quite 2 so she's loads of "help"). I think I've got enough room now (After moving about 4000 lbs of machines) so I'm headed over to pick up the drill press(es) tonight. I guess I can't decide if I buy tools to work with wood or if I work with wood so I can buy tools.

Ryan

Jack Wilson50
06-04-2012, 8:29 PM
Saturday, finished milling the doors for the printer cabinet I am making. Went to the local town festival to look at the crafts and watch fireworks. Sunday tried to match the stain to the existing bookshelf in the guest room where the cabinet is going. I have to stain the door panels before I do the glue up.

Michael Weber
06-04-2012, 8:56 PM
Went back to work today for the first time in two weeks. They had layoffs of some salaried people but I escaped this time. Took vacation while my wife was out of the country because I can generally get more done when I'm alone. Still working on building the wood storm windows and removing/stripping/replacing the original windows. Turning out to be an everlasting gobstopper of a project.

Shawn Pixley
06-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Not the best weekend here. Didn't get out of work 'till 7 on Friday but at least it was stop and go untill I got home. Dear son left his puppy with mine unattended and unannounced. He had a gig with his band. After cleaning up what the puppies tore up and expressing my displeasure to my son, I got to unwind. Saturday, June gloom showed up. Additionally, the puppy wasn't feeling well. We ran errands and went to the dog park. After we got home SWMBO informed me that she had run over my dust collection hose with the car the day before. Because I had a major resaw step next, back I went. Sunday ran errands to replace battery on dust collector remote. While gone, my puppy tore into the trash. Tuned up the bandsaw, resawed some walnut, and stickered it to dry. Later, DS asked me to fix the headstock of his friend's guitar that was broken Friday night. Went back to work today for the next tranche of 12 hour days.

Sorry, almost left out the best part. A friend gave an internet concert through Stageit.com. Very cool!

Jim O'Dell
06-05-2012, 7:46 PM
Got the first coat of Bondo on the assembly table, sanded, and low spots identified. Need to get the second, and hopefully final, coat on and sanded, then do the sides so I can get the laminate and install it. Really like the Milwaukee ROS. Does make the hand tingle after 30 minutes of use though. But not near as bad as the old B&D unit. Was going to work on tonight, but just too hot out in an non air conditioned shop on a 95 degree day. Maybe Sat. after work. Jim.