PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on a spray gun....

ben searight
06-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I need some advice on a spray gun or turbine system whichever may be the case. I had a cheap HVLP turbine unit from the big box that I was able to get a decent finish from until I couldn't stop it from leaking through the trigger, at which time I promptly converted it into a frisbee.

My first thought was to purchase a Fuji or Accuspray turbine system, but the more I thought about I'm leaning toward a conversion gun. The reason being I could always use a larger compressor anyhow, and I need a new (better) ROS sander, so I could get a couple Dynabrades in lieu of a new CEROS, and use the compressor with a conversion gun.

I would welcome any suggestions on which route to choose, conversion or turbine, as well as any models brands of either that you may have experience with. Feel free to comment on my choice of sander as well. My major concerns are quality and ease of maintenance. I mostly spray shellac, dyes, and target EM6000.

P.S. I have made myself a promise that I will never again purchase low quality tools so please don't suggest any HF models.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Holmes
06-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Call Jeff Jewitt @ Homestead Finishing. He will walk you through what you require for the work you do then recommend the best gun/system for you.