PDA

View Full Version : Looking for manual/user guide for Trotec SP 1500 or 500

Gary Gunderson
06-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Does anyone happen to have a PDF or know a place online where I could find a manual or user guide for a Trotec SP 1500?

I guess in a pinch the Trotec SP 500 manual would work as well.

I'm doing some research on machines, and was hoping to read a bit more detailed document than their brochures. I'm sure I could call their support & sales on Monday as they are usually pretty quick to respond, but I was hoping to get some research done tonight & tomorrow while I have some time off.

Rodne Gold
06-03-2012, 3:15 AM
What info are you looking for , quite a few Trotec owners here who could help , is it info specific to a Trotec or general to all machines?

Scott Shepherd
06-03-2012, 8:29 AM
PM sent....the files were too large to post here.

Gary Gunderson
06-04-2012, 2:39 AM
Hi Scott --

Thank you so much! I got them a little while ago. I tried PMing you back, but wasn't sure if it went through.

Gary Gunderson
06-04-2012, 2:50 AM
Hi Rodney --

I did have one other question that I must have put in my PM to Scott instead of up above.

On the Trotec site, they show an add-on for the 1500 called the heavy load table. There is a tiny embedded video there (http://www.troteclaser.com/en-US/laser_systems/speedy_flatbed_laser_systems/Pages/Laser_Cutting_system_SP1500_accessories.aspx) that appears to show the material moving by itself. Can you feed materials or designs larger than the bed through the machine automatically with that attachment?

Rodne Gold
06-04-2012, 4:02 AM
I dunno the system , but it looks like what we do when loads exceed the tables carrying capacity , we use adjustable roller stands either side of the machine so the item doesnt contact the table.
I doubt it will be motorised for an auto feed , but you never know. Seems they have an additional vacuum attachment that is maybe head mounted or something that compensates for the fact the cabinet is now "open" and probably exceeds the blowers sucking ability.
Be careful of making a decision based on "pass thru" , make sure you are gonna use it , all my machines are pass thru and If I have used the facility more than 30x in literally many 1000's of jobs , it's a lot.... Ok to fit in a bigger than normal object but it becomes a bit of a bear to lets say , engrave 1/2 an item and then try register to engrave the other 1/2