PDA

View Full Version : cordless vacuums?

Jack Wood
04-03-2005, 8:39 AM
:confused: Hey now that they are coming out with ever more powerful cordless tools, (did I see a DeWalt 24V?) does anyone make a cordless shopvac? As I was dragging my shop vac around and getting frustrated with the cord hassle I wished someone could make one that would be cordless and work well. I could see it having a power pack that you could pull out and put another right in. If there's not one out there maybe if any of you have an inside ear at "ShopVac" or some other such company you could tell them there's a need for one:rolleyes:

David Tucker
04-05-2005, 10:54 PM
The DeWalt DC500 runs off of the 12volt to 18 volt batteries. It also runs AC, but it is convenient when you need the mobility. One downside though, it will run down an 18 volt battery in 15-20 mins.

Dave

Jeff Sudmeier
04-06-2005, 8:21 AM
Also, the cordless "shop vacs" are not all that big. They are good for clean ups, but not good for heavy cleaning.

Jack Wood
04-06-2005, 9:25 AM
I have seen the small ones you mention and agree that for spot cleaning they might do. But the battery time is the problem. the last 5 minutes or so probably arent really pulling a lot of stuff in. I'm sure that a full size shopvac really pulls the juice out of the wall in order to achieve the performance they get. Well maybe the day will come:rolleyes: