PDA

View Full Version : Cutting and displaying acrylic & wood items

Mike Chance in Iowa
05-31-2012, 6:39 PM
I haven't seen much talk on the forum about what people are using to hang or display their acrylic & wood items they cut into shapes. For this example, let's say the cut shapes are letters of the alphabet or geometric shaped items. Do you automatically adhere double-stick tape to your acrylic cut outs or do you ask your customer how they plan to display the item and then decide what to use based on their reply?

For a number of my wood & plywood items that I cut to shape, I glue a sawtooth picture hanger to the back using E6000 and customers seem happy with that. On several other items, I cut small pilot holes for screws to be used. I'm wondering if others have found a better method to use instead.

For almost of my acrylic cut items, my customers have wanted holes cut so they could hang the acrylic on walls, but I personally find the holes distract from the cut shape. Only a few have wanted double-stick tape because they don't want to peel the paint off the wall if they decide to move the item.

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-05-2012, 1:16 PM
So ... is everyone else just sending your cut acrylic & wood items out without any way to hang or display them?

Andrea Weissenseel
06-05-2012, 2:10 PM
mostly my customers want these items (letters, wordidngs, etc.) to stand, sometimes with doublesided tape for named door signs - but customers usually tell me what they plan to do with it.