PDA

View Full Version : Snagged a Hollow Chisel Mortiser

Todd Burch
05-31-2012, 10:09 AM
I was able to get this on auction over the weekend. Got it home yesterday and dusted it off. Purrs like a kitten. I'll have to order a few items to bring it up to "out of the box" condition, but no big deal. Amazon sells this for ~$1250, and I got it for just under $600 (plus typical auction fees). Powermatic 719T. Includes one chisel too!

Things to order:

chuck key
a couple bushings
chuck extender
manual
combo and allen wrenches
Perhaps some other misc stuff.

Todd.

Troy Turner
05-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Holy **** Batman! That's a heck of a deal!

So did ya' take the trailer to the acution or strap it to the top of the car :D

Todd Burch
05-31-2012, 10:23 AM
I took the Chevy pickup. I placed her with her back almost to the tailgate, set a moving blanket down in the bed and on the gate, and tilted 'er back and starting lifting, and ............ whoaaaaa! A bit too heavy for the stance I had - had to set 'er down, regroup, and then got 'er on the second try, with some help from the dock guy. She's one top heavy mutha. 276 lbs.

Mike Wilkins
05-31-2012, 10:43 AM
You lucky bum. You got that for not much more than the cost of my benchtop P'matic machine. Great find. Happy mortising.

Kent Wagner
05-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Great find!!! Especially since you had put your replacement plans on hold. Congrats! You suck!!!!

Keith Hankins
05-31-2012, 1:55 PM
You are a lucky pup! I bought mine new a few months back with a special sale with a set of all size bits for a grand Love mine.

Van Huskey
05-31-2012, 2:02 PM
YOU SUCK! That is a machine on my hit list.