PDA

View Full Version : Spring cleaning

Myk Rian
05-30-2012, 7:28 PM
Finally got on the roof today with my leaf blower to do the yearly ridding the gutters of maple seeds. Best way I have found to do the job. Makes a mess below, but the blower cleans that up pretty well also.
While up there, I cleaned a wasp nest out of the vent pipe.

So I'm sitting at the work bench in my man cave, and Wifey informs me that the toilet over-flowed. Great, says I. Another job to do. I meet her in the upstairs bath to find her using a towel on the floor to clean it up, getting her socks wet at the same time.
We get the floor dried, and she has to use the toilet. She lifts the lid only to see the lid, seat, and everything else soaked with water. Hmm, I mutter. Wonder how that happene...... Oh, Oh.

It never occured to me that sticking the leaf blower in the vent pipe, to rid it of the wasp nest, would pressurize the system. That pressure needed to go someplace, and the path of least resistance happened to be the toilet. I'm sure glad she wasn't a sittin, while I was a blowin.

Lesson learned.

John A langley
05-30-2012, 7:49 PM
You are a lucky man.

Tim Boger
05-30-2012, 8:07 PM
Finally got on the roof today with my leaf blower to do the yearly ridding the gutters of maple seeds. Best way I have found to do the job. Makes a mess below, but the blower cleans that up pretty well also.
While up there, I cleaned a wasp nest out of the vent pipe.

So I'm sitting at the work bench in my man cave, and Wifey informs me that the toilet over-flowed. Great, says I. Another job to do. I meet her in the upstairs bath to find her using a towel on the floor to clean it up, getting her socks wet at the same time.
We get the floor dried, and she has to use the toilet. She lifts the lid only to see the lid, seat, and everything else soaked with water. Hmm, I mutter. Wonder how that happene...... Oh, Oh.

It never occured to me that sticking the leaf blower in the vent pipe, to rid it of the wasp nest, would pressurize the system. That pressure needed to go someplace, and the path of least resistance happened to be the toilet. I'm sure glad she wasn't a sittin, while I was a blowin.

Lesson learned.

First, let me thank you for the evening chuckle ..... I also clean my gutters with the blower, during the fall I usually end up doing the job 2-3 times.

Certainly know what I won't do while I'm up there next time.

Tim

Pat Barry
05-30-2012, 10:53 PM
I'd kinda like to know where the wasp nest ended up.

Myk Rian
05-31-2012, 7:23 AM
I'd kinda like to know where the wasp nest ended up.
So would I. It wasn't in the bath room.

After it all was over, and we started laughing about it, my Wife said I invented a new Bidet.