PDA

View Full Version : RIP Doc Watson

Chris Studley
05-30-2012, 2:19 PM
from http://www.docsguitar.com/

Jim Koepke
05-30-2012, 3:12 PM
I have enjoyed much of his music. One of my favorites is his arrangement of Take Me Out To The Ball Game.

jtk

Chris Studley
05-30-2012, 4:04 PM
Unfortunatly, gone is the time that true musicians of his caliber could reach the masses and be appreciated.

glenn bradley
05-30-2012, 5:29 PM
Long live "Tennessee Stud".

Bruce Darrow
05-30-2012, 9:57 PM
I got the news this AM - I've had my pod playing Doc all day - and I've got enough to last most of the day! I've done the same kind of tribute in the past to Jerry Garcia, John Lennon and Frank Zappa when they passed. Cathartic.

Doc is one of my musical heroes. I play five or six tunes that I learned from listening to his recordings. The easy ones - I'm no flatpicker! Saw him play several times - once with my Dad, who will turn 90 this summer. Truly timeless music - my 21 yr. old daughter also appreciates him.

Local public radio replayed an interview today that they did with him some time back - really poignant stuff when Doc talked about Merle and the effect his death had on Rosalie.

All Appalachian music fans are in mourning.

harry hood
05-31-2012, 12:23 AM
I saw him when he was in his early 80s, he absolutely shredded. I can't even imagine what a monster he must have been when he was younger.