PDA

View Full Version : Set of Bowls with Matching Pens & Pen Holders

Clint Baxter
05-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Here is a set a client commissioned me to create. Each bowl to be of a different species with a matching pen & pen holder. Tried to make an elegant pen holder that wouldn't compete with the pen for attention and am happy with these.

1st set has a Birdseye Maple pen with an Ambrosia Maple bowl. 2nd is Bocote bowl and pen. 3rd set is of Cocobolo. 4th bowl is East Indian Rosewood with a pen of Bois de Rose. 5th & 6th show Spalted Maple with Gabon Ebony accompanied by a Spalted Maple Pen. The last bowl and pen are both of Wenge.

All pens are Wall Street II click pens. The Spalted Maple pen used a black chrome kit and the BE Maple one used an Elegant Black Titanium kit. All the others were put together using BT with Rhodium sets.

The pen holders are made of Maple with Ebony stops for the groove.

I'm overall pretty happy with the end results with my biggest beef being the staining I got on the Spalted Maple bowl from sanding the Ebony. Don't know how I could have done it otherwise though.

As always, critiques and comments appreciated. And any suggestions on how to avoid that staining would be helpful as well

Clint

Keith Westfall
05-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm overall pretty happy with the end results ...

WOW! I guess so. Well done.

Marty Eargle
05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Those are some great sets. I think the Bocote and Rosewood sets are my favorites.

Jim Burr
05-30-2012, 7:44 PM
Ha!!! What a great idea Clint!!! I like the pen rests...really cool! Just a personal thing, but the Sierra clicker has never looked right....it's just me. Hope you made out on this deal 'cuz it's fantastic!

Rich Aldrich
05-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Really cool idea and execution. Nice work.

John Keeton
05-31-2012, 6:27 AM
Neat presentation! Well conceived and well executed, Clint! I would have to go with the maple and ebony set - very unique design on the bowl.

Steve Schlumpf
05-31-2012, 9:42 AM
Very nice work on everything Clint! I am sure your client will be thrilled with these!

Bernie Weishapl
05-31-2012, 4:20 PM
Really nice work on all Clint.

Donny Lawson
06-01-2012, 6:20 PM
I like it all. Great work.

Clint Baxter
06-04-2012, 7:23 AM
Thanks for all the comments. Customer is happy with them and that is tops in my book.

Clint