PDA

View Full Version : Got my Ibox miter set up for the router table.

Bill Huber
05-29-2012, 10:50 PM
I like the Ibox and it does a really good job and it sets up very fast. The only thing is I didn't want to have to take off my router table fence every time I used the Ibox, I have a Jessem fence with a slider on it and it is big and heavy.

I do mostly small box joints, 1/4 and 3/8 joints, and I like to do them on the router table. I am also wanting to start making some hinges.

Here is my answer to not having to remove the fence to use it.

Some things I wanted were easy on and easy off, didn't want to have to mess around, just do it.
Good miter slot that the Ibox could run in and be thin enough I can use the router bits.

I used 1/2" MDF so I would have enough height for the bits.
I use 2 T-Track bolts with knobs to hold it on, the front lower board sets the depth, just push it all the way in and then lock the fence on the table.
There is a little L bracket that is used to set the jig on the table in the correct position for center on the table.
The miter track is heavy track with both miter and T-Track on it but I am just using the miter, but I like the heavy track the way I am using it. It is screwed to the front board and also to the back.
I have a hole to raise and lower the router, a hole to lock the lift with and one for the bit.

The Ibox sets up so easy that if I do want to make large joints like 1/2- 3/4 I can just move it over to the table saw.

233241 233245 233249 233250

richard poitras
05-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Nice set up Bill...

Ray Newman
05-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Now that is a really interesting idea!

Van Huskey
05-30-2012, 1:29 AM
Very innovative!