PDA

View Full Version : Replacement screw chuck?

Kelvin Burton
05-29-2012, 9:24 PM
The screw chuck that came with my Barracuda4 Lathe Chuck sheared off when I was mounting a block of Oak yesterday. I'm guessing the hole I drilled was too tight and the Oak was not at all forgiving
:mad:

I've looked on the PSI web site but see no mention of replacement parts - so I've emailed them.

Does anyone know whether these are interchangeable with other brands? I wasn't very impressed with the original screw though the chuck is fine.

Kelvin

Eric Gourieux
05-29-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't know if they are interchangeable, but I have a Nova screw chuck that you can have.
Actually, I'm talking about the wormscrew that fits in a chuck.

Kyle Iwamoto
05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Umm, scary, if your screw chuck failed when mounting your blank, Id be hesitant to buy another, use it and have it fail when your piece is spinning at 800 RPM. Just a thought.....

David DeCristoforo
05-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Fergedaboudit! Get yourself a "real" screw chuck

http://www.glaserhitec.com/shop/glaser-screw-chuck/

You will not regret it!

Kelvin Burton
05-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks to all for your assistance, PSI have come through with a free replacement which is apparently "new & improved".

Eric, I replied to your PM; hope you got it? I can't see any trace of what I sent???

Kyle, I'm hoping "new & improved" = much stronger!

David, I looked at the Glaser, my option would be to buy that or attend SWAT this year! Budget doesn't allow for both :rolleyes: