Acrilex has glow in the darck acrylic!

http://acrilex.com/acriglo.cfm

Steve Clarkson
05-29-2012, 6:15 PM
Yea, but where can you buy it?

Chuck Stone
05-29-2012, 7:42 PM
just from Acrilex, as far as I can tell. But they don't give any
prices without you first giving them your info.
So many companies I won't do business with because they do this..
I'm not blindly giving out my phone and email to the same person

Mike Null
05-30-2012, 5:30 AM
And they are not going to blindly sell anybody who calls. One reason is the sales tax collector who may audit them at any time; another is that they don't want nuisance business. A third reason could be that they have a policy of selling only to mfrs--no retail customers.

Steve, look at the bottom of their web site.

Chuck Stone
05-30-2012, 10:21 AM
They could easily list local distributors who would sell. And I understand needing the
info for a customer, but not for requiring the info before anyone has even decided
that they want to become a customer. Taxes wouldn't enter into it.
I typically refrain from giving out that kind of information until I've established a
relationship with a company. I have no idea what they will do with it.

Martin Boekers
05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
I believe that Arcilex is the company that makes some acrylics special order from them only.
So that may be an issue. Taxes do have things to do with it as if you don't give them you
Tax ID info most wholesalers won't sell to you. With internet purchases some states are
enforcing a sales tax mandate that the wholesalers/retailers have to adhere to if they want to do business
in that state. So there has to be a give and take on what info may be required. I don't believe
any of my vendors would have done business with me without giving such info, That includes JDS, Marco etc.
Right now we have switched purchase card holders and some companies have required new paperwork to
be submitted for the card holder. How do we really know what vendors do with the info we give them. This
forum for example search the internet and you'll find your posts at various spots beside SMC.

Chuck Stone
05-30-2012, 3:20 PM
I don't believe
any of my vendors would have done business with me without giving such info, That includes JDS, Marco etc.
Right now we have switched purchase card holders and some companies have required new paperwork to
be submitted for the card holder. How do we really know what vendors do with the info we give them. This
forum for example search the internet and you'll find your posts at various spots beside SMC.

Understood.. but do they need your home phone number to respond to email?

I've been burned before. My bank account numbers, PINs, SS#, bank passwords, mother's
maiden etc. turned up in a computer that was seized in a gambling raid in North Carolina years
ago. Turns out a bank employee in Boston had a little sideline business going, selling this info.
The gambling ring never got around to using it, but it just shows that you have to be careful
where your information goes if you can help it. and I admit I'm particularly paranoid about it.

Computers put this information together if it is in a database.. and I have no reason to want
my info in a database unless I chose it. I never use a 'frequent shopper' card and a credit
card in the same transaction, for instance. I can just see some insurance company years
from now denying my hospital stay for a lung punctured in a freak javelin incident because
their database says that in 2003 I used my credit card and shopping discount card to buy
a pack of cigarettes for a neighbor. Or denying coverage for a broken foot because their
database says I take a size 12 shoe but the last pair I bought was size 10 and so I probably
caused it myself.

Yeah.. paranoid!

EDIT: Sorry.. I just realized that I hijacked this thread! That wasn't my intention.
Now back to our originally scheduled Glow-In-The-Dark acrylic, brought to you
with no further commercial interruptions

Tony Lenkic
05-30-2012, 4:34 PM
Rowmark has a Laserglow line of acrylic.

http://www.rowmark.com/laser/LaserGlow/LaserGlow.asp

Mark Ross
06-04-2012, 1:32 PM
Has anyone tried the Romark product on the laser? It seems to be for rotary engraving. Thanks!

Larry Bratton
06-04-2012, 9:44 PM
Has anyone tried the Romark product on the laser? It seems to be for rotary engraving. Thanks!
Humm..wonder why they call it Laserglow?