PDA

View Full Version : Lathe paid for with one project

Ernie Nyvall
04-02-2005, 7:23 PM
The lathe sure is a handy tool. LOML and I have been taking care of our daughter who is recovering quickly from a stroke. Two weeks ago LOML was going to her house to make a pie and mentioned she had to take the rolling pin and everything to make the pie.

Knowing I had a stick of hard maple in the shop, I jumped into action and turned a rolling pin for my daughter and took it over there a couple of hours later. She loved it and held it all afternoon.

Within the past two weeks our daughter has been up and moving around and able to take care of her 18 month old by herself and invited us over to eat.

She had the rolling pin out making rolls and baked pies, so I figure my lathe paid for itself with the rolling pin.

Ernie

Glenn Hodges
04-02-2005, 7:27 PM
Ernie, that is a great story, thanks.

Michael Stadulis
04-02-2005, 8:06 PM
Mike Stadulis

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
04-02-2005, 10:15 PM
That is so good to hear. Hope the recovery is complete.

Robert Cox
04-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Spectacular!

Jeff Sudmeier
04-03-2005, 9:22 AM
Ernie, Glad to hear that she loved your work! Even better is that she was up and about! Congrats on both.

Jean Holland
04-04-2005, 1:40 PM
Cost of Lathe - $$$

Cost of tools - $$

Response to project - PRICELESS

I'd say that is the best compliment you could ever received for your work!

Ernie Nyvall
04-04-2005, 5:47 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. My daughter is coming along great and is not in the category of a possible return stroke, due to this one was caused by a near broken neck, and not her lifestyle.

Ernie