PDA

View Full Version : Creation of Adam Plate/ Shallow bowl

Jeff Myroup
05-28-2012, 12:10 PM
I started this awhile ago, but had to set it as side and finish some other burnings. I had a chance to finish the burn today. I need to add a little more white, but for the most part it is complete. I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do with the rest of the bowl.

John Keeton
05-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Jeff, you may have created the best piece you have done to date!!! Really, really nice. I look forward to seeing what your artistic inspiration is for the rim. Beautiful stuff!!!

Jeff Myroup
05-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks John. I would love to guild the rim, but as we talked before, there is no natural stopping point. I could bring the leaf over the edge since it is about 3/16th thick. I think I need to make a test piece to see how it will look. I still want to burn the back. This is my first collaboration and I have found that it is hard to burn other peoples work. The under cut rim posed a real challenge for burning.

David DeCristoforo
05-28-2012, 12:50 PM
There is something almost uncanny about your platters. The dog portraits are so realistic that I almost expect them to start barking.This one is somehow eaiser for me to take in. Especially like the "cracks"... nice touch.

Steve Schlumpf
05-28-2012, 1:22 PM
Beautiful work Jeff! I am always amazed at the level of detail you can create!

On the rim of the bowl - just a suggestion - the ceiling frescoes are all separated from the walls by what looks like a triangle with an arched base. Might be interesting to create something like them to follow through with the Sistine Chapel theme and yet keep it simple enough it doesn't compete with the Creation of Adam artwork.

Roger Chandler
05-28-2012, 3:23 PM
True artistry!

Jeff Myroup
05-29-2012, 7:30 PM
David: Thank you. The Dogs are definitely for a select clientele. The cracks were a lot of fun to do. :D

Steve: Thanks. I looked into the arches, and it is a great idea. I will keep them in mind for a future project. For this one, I am thinking about copper leaf with a dark bronze patina to frame the bowl. On the inner rim of the bowl are 2 beads and I might ebonize them.

Thanks Roger.

Steve Vaughan
05-29-2012, 7:43 PM
That's got the wow factor going one there! That is some work of art and I'm looking forward to whatever you decide about the rim. If anything on the rim, I'd same keep it really simple and "quiet" so as to not detract from the art in the middle. Really fine piece.

Jeff Myroup
05-29-2012, 8:14 PM
Thanks Steve. I have also been contemplating just ebonizing the beads and leaving it as is. My only concern is the small knot in the rim.

Bernie Weishapl
05-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Jeff that is beautiful. I agree with leaving the rim simple not to distract from the center art.

Sid Matheny
05-29-2012, 11:04 PM
You have done such a wonderful job with this piece I don't know it needs anything else. Just a beauty!

Sid