PDA

View Full Version : Triathalon Awards Wanted

Peter Meacham
05-27-2012, 8:50 PM
Has anyone used or seen any tri-athalon (swimming, running and bicycling) awards in their travels?

I have checked several of the award vendors but they only seem to have individual sports awards.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pete

Ross Moshinsky
05-27-2012, 8:56 PM
You're going to have to make something custom (cut out a figure out of acrylic/wood/whatever you want) or use a medallion holder with a mylar/medallion. I'm fairly confident there is a mylar/medallion that would be close to what you want.

Personally, I'd direct them to a victory figure and then engrave their logo on the plate.

Peter Meacham
05-27-2012, 9:40 PM
Thanks for the reply Ross. Well, I have laid out the attached award but the school only has $10 per award, they need about 66 ea (some 1st and some 2nd).

I don't know if I can do them for $10 after buying materials and bases and then doing the lasering and labor. So, I was looking for a ready made award that might be cheaper.

Rodne Gold
05-28-2012, 2:22 AM
Your best bet would be a holder that takes an insert on a small base. You can laser the insert in Rowmark or spectrum lights material and put it in the holder.
Like this type of thing (albeit we printed and domed the insert)

Ross Moshinsky
05-28-2012, 8:33 AM
Your best bet would be a holder that takes an insert on a small base. You can laser the insert in Rowmark or spectrum lights material and put it in the holder.
Like this type of thing (albeit we printed and domed the insert)

I agree with Rodney. We'd also do a base, medallion/mylar holder, and custom mylar. If the budget allowed we'd throw some sort of figure on top and use a mylar holder riser instead of just a mylar holder.

$10 shouldn't get the customer much. They can obviously also do something non-traditional, but if they are looking for an award, $10 gets you a trophy or a 4x6 or maybe 5x7 sublimated plaque.

Tony Lenkic
05-28-2012, 9:10 AM
Pete,

There is a resin sculpture award for triathalon from one of Canadian suppliers.
I stay away from this type of work so I do not know what it costs but you can check with supplier on stock and price.
PM me for supplier contact if interested.

Peter Meacham
05-28-2012, 9:13 AM
Thanks Rodney - you and Ross are recommending the same idea - so, I will take heed from you two award professionals.

bruce cain
05-28-2012, 1:38 PM
Classic Medallics out of New York has Triathalon medals and 2" inserts

Bruce

Bill Gailey
05-28-2012, 3:41 PM
When I have a customer with an unusual request like your triathlon or this motocross customer I suggest a full color unisub cutout of whatever artwork the customer wants to use. In this case we used a photograph from the motocross course. I cut 2 pieces of black acrylic (1/8" thick) with a slot to hold the unisub. The slot is angles so the unisub leans slightly backwards. I sublimate a plate with the class, place, etc and mount it onto the unisub between the 2 acrylic stands. It makes a really cool inexpensive custom piece that will absolutely bring your customer back for the unique quality of your design. The picture shows the different aspects of the project. Hope this helps....