PDA

View Full Version : Woodsucker numbers

Jim McCarty
04-02-2005, 1:39 PM
I have emailed Larry @ Woodsucker several times. Last time I emailed him I asked if he had any performance numbers for his cyclones. He doesn't seem to be very interested in selling a dc since he doesn't answer any inquiries. Does anyone happen to have the specs for the Woodsucker? Thanks, Jim

Jim Becker
04-02-2005, 3:18 PM
Larry is more-or-less a one-man operation and is known for not being overly responsive by email, as are many small businesses. Call him on the phone. He's a nice fellow and will surely help you out quickly.

Jim McCarty
04-02-2005, 4:40 PM
Thanks, Jim, I'll give that a try. Jim

Mark Singer
04-02-2005, 5:02 PM
It is a strange name for a Product...with the custmer service your describing I would be afraid to become the "woodsucker"...

Greg Hairston
04-02-2005, 5:41 PM
Jim,
I purchased a Woodsucker based on the support that Larry provided me before the sale. I was all set on buying an Onieda and had some issues with the sale force. Just did not seem to be personal enough for me. I thought long and hard and talked to both companies quite a bit. Larry never seemed to get tired of answering my questions. He provided me with all the information I could handle. In the end I feel I may have been able to get a more powerful system from Onieda for a LOT more money but I got all the system I need and more for my 1280 sqft shop for a lot less money.. I had some question after the sale and he was right on top of it.

Now that being said I had emailed him a couple of times with no response also. However once I made contact via phone he was very responsive......

Greg

Jim McCarty
04-02-2005, 7:13 PM
It is a strange name for a Product...with the custmer service your describing I would be afraid to become the "woodsucker"...That's what I want to avoid. Greg, I called today (Sat.) and left a message for Larry. We'll see next week if he calls back. I'm know how it is to be a one man band. There are so many hats to wear and only so many hours in the day. It's easy to follow the path of least resistance and take the jobs that are more or less handed to you. I don't mean to bad mouth Larry, I really don't. I have some questions and want to make a smart purchase.

Steve Cox
04-02-2005, 7:27 PM
It took a while to get a hold of Larry but when I did he was personable and very helpful. I have been more than satisfied with my purchase and I feel I saved lots of money over buying Oneida.

John Miliunas
04-02-2005, 11:32 PM
My experience with Larry and Woodsucker pretty much reflects what Greg stated. I think the guy is just too darn busy! I've had my Woodsucker for about 1-1/2 yrs. now and have been very happy with it. @1000 sq/ft. shop with 13 connections points, often running two ports open (mainly because I forget to close one of them!):) :cool:

Jack Wood
04-03-2005, 8:30 AM
While this is a little off the main part of this thread I think it needs saying. If a company list an email as a contact means and then fails to answer those emails they do more harm than good for that company. I would rather they only list a phone # if that is all they are going to answer. I really tire of sending emails to someone who says they want my business only to never get a reply back. I don't mind calling, just tell me to upfront.:rolleyes: