PDA

View Full Version : Small Gloat for a Rainy Weekend

David Fried
04-02-2005, 12:32 PM
It's a rainy weekend and my wife has the kids so I was starting to wonder what I was going to do with myself. Then the nice FedEx man knocked on the door and dropped off this package. The addition of this plane doubles the size of my collection! Yes, I have two now - a big one and a little one. Next I suppose I'll need to get all the ones in the middle :eek: .

I think the first step will be to curl up with a hot cocoa, a book, and watch the DVDs. I certainly need help using these!

The books and DVDs came as a package. Basically you got one book free. I already have volume one so I will donate the new one to the local library. Their woodworking section could use some attention.

Thanks for looking and have a good weekend.

John Dingman
04-02-2005, 12:46 PM
That is a nice weekend haul you have there!

Enjoy,
John

Ted Shrader
04-02-2005, 1:27 PM
David -

Very nice - end great arrivals on a rainy weekend.

Ted

Mark Singer
04-02-2005, 1:44 PM
Good gloat,
Books are great and the Charleswort books are really informative...enjoy!

Ray Bersch
04-02-2005, 9:21 PM
David,

I'm betting you will love the David Charlesworth material. I attended a Charlesworth seminar at LN in Maine two summers ago; the topic was plane blade sharpening. The guy is great. I was building screen doors out of mahogany for the summer place at the time and when I got back home I dragged out some junk Stanley low angle block planes, made one decent one out of the parts and spent half the night tuning it up. I put that baby to work the next day and wondered why I had been sanding stuff for so many years. I have added several planes since then, a couple of LN's and also a couple of garage sale specials - these are now my pride and joy and I am almost more comfortable putting a plane to work than I am a table saw.<O:p</O:p

<O:p

Ray<O:p</O:p