PDA

View Full Version : Sending jobs from Corel X5 to DCS DirectJet with RP9

Paul Owen
05-25-2012, 1:47 AM
Here's a tricky one: We just had a new DCS DirectJet 1024UV installed with the new RP9 queue program (next version up from the current RP8 and not a full release I think) so we can send jobs from Corel X5 instead of the DCS program. Only the jobs all go through to the RP9 as only the image area, not the full page 'as is' in Corel.

I'll try to explain - the job would be on, say an A4 page, in Corel with text and images centered in the middle of the 'Page' using around half the full page size, not borders or outlines. When the page is sent through to RP9 (using the application launch button) the job appears on the DirectJet program as only the text and images, at 100% scale, but located right up in the 0 0 point with no surrounding 'page', not the full A4 job as shown on Corel. For another example, if you had the full A4 page in Corel and put a single square block in the bottom right corner, expecting to put an A4 sheet in the DirectJet media tray and have your square block print on the bottom right corner; when sent through to the RP9 program the same square block appears nested in the top 0 0 mark, essentially the top left corner of the sheet loaded in the machine.

Any ideas on how the get the full page (essentially blank area surrounding the images/text being printed) to go through to the DirectJet printer as shown in Corel would be appreciated.

Our installer is also looking into a solution, but the people here have always been helpful and full of good advice, I thought we would try here too. Thanks in advance.

BTW: we are using Windows XP sp3, Corel X5, DCS RP9, DCS 1024UV DirectJet.

Rodne Gold
05-25-2012, 2:40 AM
In the interim , as a temproray solution , you could put a dot on the top left and bottom right of the page which would then send the "page" and not just the graphics , maybe you can use some setting that the dot doesn't print or prints so small its not noticeable?
It's probably some small setting in the print dialog thats not correct , but I have no idea what. Perhaps this will help, Make sure you have selected "current page" in the general tab and "as in document" in the layout tab

Paul Owen
05-25-2012, 3:15 AM
Thanks Rodne, it's a good idea, that has been our temp solution in a matter of speaking, there is a 'clear' 'colour' setting that works but I don't see this as a long term fix and the possibility for this small mark to appear on the job piece is to great for some shapes. Hopefully the DCS techs might come up with something, any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike Crowder
10-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Just thought I would throw my two cents in on this thread as well. I also have the 1024 printer and am using Coreldraw X5 to send jobs to the RP9 queue...exactly the same set up you have. I draw a rectangle around the page (use snap to page) and set the outline width as "none." The rectangle remains but nothing is left to print.

Paul Owen
10-08-2012, 6:28 PM
Thanks for the post Mike. That is what we started doing but found that the machine recognised the box and would still 'run' over that area without depositing any ink. This is particularly an issue on large items with very little printing. One solution we found is to do a similar box with no outline fill but make it a tiny small box in the top left corner giving a '0,0' reference point for the job. Than the machine only senses the small box at the start and won't run unneeded over the entire job.

AL Ursich
10-12-2012, 1:39 PM
WOW... A DCS1024UV.... Want one..... Nothing useful to add.... Just Drool....

Good Luck,

AL