PDA

View Full Version : Nice Gloat - Agazzani 18" Bandsaw

Peter Elliott
05-24-2012, 3:38 PM
Well after returning my second Grizzly 514X because of issues, I was pretty depressed about not having a bandsaw in the shop. My dealings with Grizzly are ugly and I will state that Grizzly gave up on supplying me a correct saw. BUT I don't want to get into it. There are some fine folks at Grizzly and then there are not!

While pricing a Rikon, Laguna saws and searching locally for something used, I ended up with a gem. I almost pulled the trigger on a LT 16"3000 BS but had to wait because my tranny blew on my truck (big $$$). So 3 days later, while surfing Craigslist, a 18" Agazzani BS came up and only 30mins from my house.

I emailed the owner, we exchange info, sent details/photos, etc... Then I got to thinking, I know this is Italian made saw but knew nothing about them, build quality, etc. I pm'd Van Huskey and sent the ad to him. Armed with great info, he told me to RUN, not walk.. run and buy it. Van has a lot of knowledge on BS for sure and why I trusted him for solid info.

So I went down, took a test drive. We talke price and GOT A SUPER DEAL. I think the owner (who is a smc member) really wanted it to go to a good home and be used. He gave me an awesome deal!

2001 Agazzani 18" Bandsaw, 3hp, Carter Upgrade with over 25 blades. 5 of them are 1" Lenox blades, new and a bunch from 1/4" up to 1-1/4" mostly new.. all for below $1k..

Here is a shot after unloading it (sorry, not the best shot) but proof of ownership :D
Used it the second day home and all is good!

FORZA ITALIA...

Cyrus Brewster 7
05-24-2012, 3:45 PM
Peter... all I can say is what an awesome deal. However, you SUCK!

You should feel lucky that I have not been on CL for the past week or so.
Enjoy.

Van Huskey
05-24-2012, 3:57 PM
The Sucketh is great in this one it is.

Just be glade I don't live around DC I would have told you to walk while I was running, naw I wouldn't do that to you, Mike on the other hand...

You got a moster deal the cost of the Carter guides and the bands was probably more than you paid!

Stuff open happens for a (good) reason. Maybe you should send Grizzly a thank you card... :D

I just received and had to box back up a new TV this morning since it was DOA, but it had a similar good ending, because of a Memorial day sale I was able to get a better TV with a free 3D Bluray player and 2 pairs of 3D glasses for $1.96 cheaper than what I paid for the other TV and I was going to have to get a 3D Bluray player and glasses for it. To top it off the new TV will fit in my built-in since it is .51" more narrow (due to a thinner bezel) so I don't have to rebuild like I thought I was going to have to! Silver linings are sometimes in the darkest clouds.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-24-2012, 4:35 PM
When the blue lights arrive with the sirens going, it's because you are going to be arrested for felony theft!

What a great deal!

Peter Elliott
05-24-2012, 5:18 PM
Van, Cyrus... for once I think I caught the CL ad right after posting and after a push from Van, I threw the 8yr in the car and sped off to see it.
I brought a check to hold it, cash the next day...

Others - I went into hiding, took all numbers off the house and currently changing identities for all my family including the dog.

Bruce Page
05-24-2012, 6:30 PM
Congrats! You guys on the east coast have it good. Around here we have people selling 15 year old Asian contractor saws for $800.

Sid Matheny
05-24-2012, 7:18 PM
Man oh man what a deal!!!

Sid

Carl Babel
05-24-2012, 7:26 PM
Saw is sweet! You sir, suck!

ian maybury
05-24-2012, 7:34 PM
Good going. Sometimes it just falls right. That was the way I felt when my used Agazzani 24in turned up too - they are so rare over here that you could wait 10 years and not see one.

ian

Paul McGaha
05-24-2012, 7:48 PM
Congratulations Peter,

That's a great saw at a sharp price.

And yes, YOU SUCK.

PHM

Bobby O'Neal
05-24-2012, 7:50 PM
Killer deal. Enjoy it for a long time!

Patrick McCarthy
05-24-2012, 9:07 PM
Quick, better go buy a lottery ticket before your luck runs out!!

Richard Coers
05-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Karma's way of saying sorry about that Grizzly deal. Congrats! I'm still using my Minimax S45 after sending my Grizzly back.

Jeff Bartley
05-25-2012, 10:06 AM
YOU SUCK!!! Congrats on the saw!!

Peter Quinn
05-25-2012, 7:07 PM
Congrats on sending that green saw back. Was that the primary gloat? Oops, congrats also on a great deal. Enjoy that, looks like you bought some blades and the guy threw in a free saw! Looks like karma had better plans for you!

Peter Elliott
05-25-2012, 8:04 PM
Thanks Peter... It was pretty sad affairs. Your right! the blades would surpass what I paid for the deal. I feel lucky, for change.. because after dealing with green, I was seriously doubting my tool purchases for 2012.

Dan Hintz
05-27-2012, 1:06 PM
Yep... if I didn't have my Jet, I would have nabbed that bad boy in a heartbeat. Amazing deal... no, make that amazing steal.