PDA

View Full Version : CorelX5/laserwork problem need help

Uros Sovilj
05-24-2012, 4:29 AM
HI

I run into problem i can't figure out. When i import AI file into laserwork the shapes are divided with extra lines. I get same issue with fonts. It's not same for all fonts. Some are imported normal and some aren't. I do work in corel X5 and export as AI file and then import it to laserwork.
I try to reinstall laserwork but didn't help. I am guessing that i check/uncheck some function by accident but don't have a clue what can it be. Any idea?
First pic Is arial font combined with square for rubber stamp. In corel i just drawn a rectangle using rec.shape tool, add text which was converted to curves and combine with rectangle. Export as AI and result in laserwork is a mess.
Same with arial SAWMILLCREEK. It's just arial font exported as AI. You can see that A and R are divided in half.

One more question. How can i set in laserwork that nameplates i need to engrave are done by laser one by one and not altogether. Now i have set that head travel along x axis from first tag to last and fire between where needed. This take ages since i have big nametags with little text and will be done much faster if i first finish one and then move to another. Where can I set this?
Thanks

Frank Corker
05-25-2012, 7:33 PM
AI files in my opinion are notorious for being layered. It's something to do with the way that the file is put together and deciphered by each program. I have a lady who sends me files in AI format which have been saved in a different program to Corel and they never work out right. This is more in the case of X3 and less in X5 but still a pain. Exporting between Adobe Illustrator/photoshop and corel all have similar issues and 'niggles' where the files don't come out well. I don't know about anyone else, but personally I insist on EPS as a format of choice.

Regarding your second question it's how your laser deals with files. In Epilog we can use colour coding and the laser will engrave each colour at different times/order to suit. I would suggest you highlight the part of the file you want engraving and when you come to print, you make certain that 'SELECTED' is chosen and not 'ALL'.

Bill Cunningham
05-25-2012, 8:26 PM
What works for me, is to convert text to curves, then export as a .ai That always seemed to stop that line splitting in the middle of some fonts..At least it did from corel12 haven't had to do it from x5 yet

Scott Shepherd
05-26-2012, 10:02 AM
One issue that causes a lot of duplicates when coming from an AI file is when people have a stroke (outline) on the letter. In Illustrator, if you make all your items filled, with NO STROKE (outline), then it seems to come over very clean. However, if you have a stroke on the items, it brings what looks like a duplicate. One is the fill shape and one is the new shape that is really just the outline, but it makes it a new shape, the same shape, so you'll end up with 2 items that look the same, right on top of each other.

It can be a real pain. Frank, if you normally get files from this customer, try asking them to make sure there are no "Strokes" on the items and see if that helps.

patrick hoelscher
05-31-2012, 11:23 PM
I use both corel draw X5 and laserwork

To the first question:

When i create something in corel I send it directly to laserwork from corel without having to save it then import it into laserwork. Try this, after creating the part click on tools from the menu bar, scroll down to macros, select run marco. When the window opens click on the drop down menu next to (macros in) and select your laser driver and click run. The part will be sent directly to laserwork. I use this method for everything i do and have never had a problem. If the laser driver does not show up in the menu go to tools- options. expand the customization tab on the left, click on command bars. At the bottom of the list you will see macros and RLasercut 5.0, make sure both are selected and then try the previous steps again.

To the second question:

For a example, lets say you have 4 name plates you want to engrave and cut out. If you want the machine to engrave the 1st one then cut it out and move on to the 2nd one and so on you have to set up individual properties for each operation. So instead of making all the scanning operations black and the cutting blue you would have to do the following:

1st part black- scan
blue- cut
2nd part red- scan
green- cut
3rd part pink- scan
yellow- cut
4th part light blue- scan
brown- cut

You have to make sure you have the layers in order from top to bottom of the way you want the parts to run. After doing this you have to open the optimize feature. Once opened make sure the ORDER OF LAYER box is check marked and hit okay. The machine will then follow the path of the layers from top to bottom.

Hopefully this help you out.

Patrick

Uros Sovilj
06-01-2012, 2:19 AM
Hi

Thanks all for help. I solved issue with exporting problems. It was fill that cause this spliting. AI try to convert RGB to CMYK and resoult is mess i was getting. If no fils are in CDR dox then i don't have problems with importing to laserwork.