PDA

View Full Version : Vega Fence on Jet Pro Shop Hybrid

Jenny Trice
05-23-2012, 6:51 PM
I just picked up a Jet Pro Shop table saw used. It has the original fence which seems ok. I am letting go of my old Craftsman which I had retrofitted with a Vega fence. The Jet fence is 30 inch and my Vega is 26 inches. I really like the Vega fence and am thinking about putting it on the Jet but I will have to drill new holes in the Jet table.

Has anyone here done this. Was it worth it? How bad was the drilling? Were you able to get a new tape scale for the Vega fence?

Just wondering and weighing my options.

Thanks.

Ryan Hellmer
05-24-2012, 12:39 PM
I have drilled new fence holes in tablesaws before, once you get over the initial fear, it's quite easy. Use a nice center punch to mark you location and drill away. Cast drills pretty easily so you can probably get away with the full diameter, if you want things a little easier on your wrist you can drill stepped holes to the final diameter. Only you can decide if the vega is worth drilling for, like I said the process is easy but some really can't get over that first hump (hole). As for the tape scale, Vega does really well in my opinion with servicing their stuff. They list a replacement for $19 on their website. Lee Valley also sells adhesive tapes in a number of configurations.

Since Vega is an aftermarket fence anyways, their stuff usually sells pretty well on its own. You may consider that route if you're pleased with the jet fence.

Ryan

Prashun Patel
05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Have not done this, but I did own a Jet Pro Shop. The thing I loved best about it was the fence. I'd use it as is for a while and see if there's need to replace it.