PDA

View Full Version : My Garage Shop

Lee Ludden
05-23-2012, 6:40 PM
I has been just over two years now since I got serious about doing woodworking as a hobby. I had a few handyman type tools and a Rigid TS3600 table saw and was looking for a jointer. I found a guy on CL that was selling his entire shop due to a medical condition, and with the full support of my wonderful wife, I ended up with more equipment than I even had room for, let alone skill to use. I decided that those two problems could solve each other and started to build the cabinets and fixtures that would give me some practice with my tools, and give me a better place to use them. I have gotten a lot of ideas from people here, and while I have shown most of my individual shop projects, I've never shown where they fit into my shop.

I have about 3/4 of a 22x22 garage. Here is the view coming in from the house. I do most of my work on the weekends and keep it pretty clean during the week.

Stepping into the shop, here is the back corner. I use the space between the metal shelving units to store plywood.

Looking back at the above area from the other side you can see my router table, drill press, roll-away tool box. and wood storage. I built a grid in the metal shelves to hold smaller plastic containers. The cabinet under the drill press rolls out for when I need to lower the table. It is also the same height as my table saw so I can use it for support on long or wide cuts.

Looking back near the entry door, we can see my clamp cabinet, spindle sander and belt sander. The corner cabinet is a large lazy susan and is used to store my mortiser, and wet and dry grinders.

This is my jointer (DJ20), planer (22-660), 14" bandsaw, and dust collector, as well as most of my portable power tools. I roll the large machines out into the driveway when I need the space (It almost never rains here in Phoenix, and I don't have AC out there, so I just work with the garage door open).

Thanks for looking and thanks for all the accumulated knowledge that has made this hobby much more enjoyable.

phil harold
05-23-2012, 9:08 PM
Looks like you are having fun!

Andy Fox
05-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Looks nice. I especially like the clamp cabinet and the attached TS outfeed table.

Kirk Poore
05-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice. Plenty of light, and I like the clamp cases.

Kirk

Gary Radice
05-24-2012, 3:10 PM
I like the idea of using the space under the drill press for moveable storage. I'm definitely stealing that idea!

Paul Cahill
05-24-2012, 3:24 PM
Nice. Plenty of light, and I like the clamp cases.
Kirk
+1 on the clamp storage, and nice setup on the rest too.

Paul