PDA

View Full Version : Epilog.......I am sold on the difference

Bruce Dorworth
05-22-2012, 5:48 PM
I went to the Makers Faire this weekend and they had several Epilog machines there cutting and engraving. I bought a Chineese laser almost a year ago and I am still quite pleased with it. I never really knew the differences in the machines. The Epilog was very smooth and quiet. I really liked the way you turn off the x and y axis and moove the head into place, and the little arm that swung down to focus. Overall the laser looked to be really built nice.

I recently ordered a new Chineese laser and I am waiting for delivery. Epilog sent me an email the other day that they had a used machine for sale. I was seriously considering buying it and selling my new machine, but someone beat me to it.

Bruce

Frank Corker
05-23-2012, 8:27 AM
Bruce I have to be honest and tell you I know little or nothing about Chinese lasers other than what I have seen here on the site. Some people have obviously grasped the workings much quicker than others but there is definitely a longer learning curve with them. I have an Epilog my self and the centre/centre (turning off the x and y axis) is incredible for accuracy. All told they are a very well built machine and certainly right up there with quality and ease of use. If you get the opportunity again, grab it!