PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Beaded PIece....

Wally Dickerman
05-22-2012, 5:36 PM
An interesting piece of box elder burl. It's about 8 inches tall... C and C welcome...

David DeCristoforo
05-22-2012, 5:47 PM
I really like your beaded pieces, Wally and this one is no exception. Since you asked, I think the beading and the heavy burl figure are competing with each other. My "favorite" view is the one in the second pic where the figure and coloring in the wood is bolder and "reads" better through the beading

Wally Dickerman
05-22-2012, 6:07 PM
I really like your beaded pieces, Wally and this one is no exception. Since you asked, I think the beading and the heavy burl figure are competing with each other. My "favorite" view is the one in the second pic where the figure and coloring in the wood is bolder and "reads" better through the beading

Thanks David...I agree on the beads and burl figure. However, I do like some figure in my beaded pieces because the figure will pop through like this zebrano piece.232717

Respect your elders

Roger Chandler
05-22-2012, 6:16 PM
Artistry in wood........that is for sure! Another exquisite piece Wally! Congratulations!

David DeCristoforo
05-22-2012, 6:25 PM
"I do like some figure...because the figure will pop through like this..."

Um.. yes... that figure definitely "pops through"!

Bernie Weishapl
05-22-2012, 6:34 PM
That is a beautiful piece Wally. I do like the beading.

Jim Burr
05-22-2012, 8:10 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...I'd like to see 2 more beads on the top. No real reason, just seems like a neat idea!

Pete Jordan
05-22-2012, 9:10 PM
I think everything works perfectly!

John Keeton
05-22-2012, 9:18 PM
Absolutely wonderful form, and I agree with DD on the burl. The other side looks great! And, that zebrano piece is fantastic!

Hayes Rutherford
05-22-2012, 9:35 PM
Wally, I like the transition to the opening. The surface relates visually to the bottom of the beads just as it should.

Alan Trout
05-22-2012, 9:47 PM
Wally,

As always a wonderful piece.

Alan

Mike Cruz
05-22-2012, 9:53 PM
I love the behive! I have a question for you, though. Not that it "needs" it, but why stop the beading and not have the beads go all the way up? I've seen others do similar forms and everyone stops the beading before the opening... Maybe it is taboo. I'm just curious.

Baxter Smith
05-22-2012, 11:04 PM
The form is excellent Wally and the beads add a lot to the figure of the wood. Do you do the last few bottom beads after your have reversed it and are finishing the bottom?

Steve Schlumpf
05-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Beautiful work Wally - as always! Love the form! Have to agree with DD and JK on the burl portion of the form, but then, I'm still learning!!

Kathy Marshall
05-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Beautiful piece Wally! That's inspiring me to do a fully beaded hollow form!

Rick Markham
05-23-2012, 2:10 AM
That's spectacular Wally! I think the burl figure looks really crazy through the beads, (I kind of like it.) The form is perfect too, I especially like the neck.

Russell Neyman
05-23-2012, 2:27 AM
Congratulations, Wally, great work --as usual!! The Zebrano piece (and I'm completely unfamiliar with that wood) almost looks like a segmented vessel. What is the size of that one?

Michelle Rich
05-23-2012, 5:30 AM
classic, elegant & lovely

Wally Dickerman
05-23-2012, 11:42 AM
I love the behive! I have a question for you, though. Not that it "needs" it, but why stop the beading and not have the beads go all the way up? I've seen others do similar forms and everyone stops the beading before the opening... Maybe it is taboo. I'm just curious.

Mike, nothing taboo about running beads to the rim. I've done it and it worked out fine. I usually prefer to show a bit of the wood in it's natural state, especially if it's highly figured wood.

Wally Dickerman
05-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Congratulations, Wally, great work --as usual!! The Zebrano piece (and I'm completely unfamiliar with that wood) almost looks like a segmented vessel. What is the size of that one?

Thanks Russell....Zebrano is commonly called Zebrawood. The Zebrano piece is about 7 inches tall w/o a finial. It's been sold to a collector.

Wally Dickerman
05-23-2012, 11:49 AM
The form is excellent Wally and the beads add a lot to the figure of the wood. Do you do the last few bottom beads after your have reversed it and are finishing the bottom?

Thanks Baxter....I do the beads all the way to the bottom and part the piece off at the last bead. I develop the form at the bottom as I go so that the final bead is the width that I want for the bottom

Russell Neyman
05-23-2012, 6:04 PM
Thanks Russell....Zebrano is commonly called Zebrawood. The Zebrano piece is about 7 inches tall w/o a finial. It's been sold to a collector.

Oh. [slaps side of head] Stupid me. I think I'll go to the shop and turn some Madronabolo this weekend and charge double for it.