PDA

View Full Version : Shenui Laserworks Illustrator Plugin

jordan matthai
05-22-2012, 5:28 PM
Has anyone had luck using the plugin for illustrator CS5. It installed but every time I run illustrator it comes up with a system error stating "The program can't start because rdloadv5.dll is missing from your computer." I have reinstalled it several times, but it never works. Anyone have a solution.

John Noell
05-23-2012, 12:18 AM
dll's usually have to be registered and the install process may not be doing it. I would first try registering it: Start-> Run -> then, in the run dialog box, type in (minus quotes) "regsvr32 rdloadv5.dll". (You can also do this from a command prompt but you must first navigate to the system32 folder -- and if you are using Vista or Win7 you must use an elevated prompt [i.e. "Run as Administrator"].) This assumes that the dll has been coded to be self-registerable (the common case).

jordan matthai
05-24-2012, 4:23 PM
John, I gave this a try and received the message "The module "rdloadv5.dll" failed to load." I have contacted Shenui and am trying to get this resolved.

Andrei Georgescu
01-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Did you manage to fix the problem? I'll be opening my laser engraving business in March and need to decide between Illustrator and CorelDraw.

Frank barry
01-01-2014, 1:34 PM
Hi as I understand it you need an older version of Illustrator but its not a big issue Frank

Andrei Georgescu
01-02-2014, 2:52 AM
Thanks. Now that I think about it I can test some versions of it before buying.

David Somers
01-02-2014, 6:08 PM
Andrei

are you currently familiar with either one? AI or Corel? If yes...might be a real time saver to stay with what you know. Otherwise...it seems like Corel has more users, and also help in the world of laser engraving. Not the case for graphic arts in general, but that seems to be the case in lasers.

Dave

Andrei Georgescu
01-02-2014, 7:20 PM
I've used Illustrator for some time but I can get used to Corel, no problem. It's just the Creative Cloud feature that would make Illustrator my first choice.

jordan matthai
01-18-2014, 3:51 PM
Never had any luck with getting the plugin to work with anything newer than CS5. The software from Shenui has an option to install the plugin for CS6 but it hasn't worked in my case.