PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Show in Saratoga Springs, NY this weekend.

John Shuk
04-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Is anybody planning to go to the showcase in Saratoga this weekend. I plan on going with a couple of friends. it is put on by a big woodworking club and is always nice. This will be my third year going. They have a great showcase of projects that members have made and a traveling gallery of both turnings and some flatwork that includes a hat by Johannes Mickleson. Saratoga is a great town as well for the spouse. I think Ernie Conover and Garrett Hack are both doing seminars that are included in the admission as well as Keith Tompkins, An accomplished semi-local turner. I am not a member of the club or affiliated with the show. I just like to share what I think will be a great time. If you are going I'd love to hook up. I'm planning on Sunday the 3rd. Hope to see you there.
John
http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/

Tim Morton
04-01-2005, 10:47 PM
that includes a hat by Johannes Mickleson

He's a home town guy here in southern vermont..does amazing work, on fact his daughter used to work for me, anf my friend used to work for HIM...small world this vermont is. I don't think i have time to get over to saratofa this weekend, but who knows.

Jim Becker
04-02-2005, 11:42 AM
John, Keith is an extraordinary turner, both for his sculptural work and his wonderful segmented technique that is different than many others who do that work. I had the pleasure of running the camera for one of his sessions last year at the AAW symposium in Orlando...a "great seat", if you will!! Enjoy.