PDA

View Full Version : Trotec line color question

Scott Shepherd
05-21-2012, 3:44 PM
I'm having one of those moments and need some help. Help with the obvious. I run a lot of parts using 2 colors, red to cut the inside of items, green to cut the outside. Same power settings, same material settings I've used 100 times.

I had to make a rubber stamp this morning, I made that, had to fiddle with all the settings because when you select "stamp", it automatically does things I was doing in Corel. So finally got that all figured out, sent my next job over, using "Standard" and the type, red hairlines for the inside, green hairlines for the outside, the colors pulled from the Trotec extended palette. Halftone Off box checked. Sent the job over, it shows up as all red. Went back in, unchecked the halftone off box. Sent it again. All red. Looked at the material settings, red and green are both set to "Cut".

Opened up a job I had run before. Sent it over. Same thing. I've been over and over all the settings and I can't see what I'm missing, but I know it's dead obvious.

I did update my firmware this morning, before all of this, but to me, it's job control related, not firmware, but maybe I'm wrong.

I thought I'd ask the brain trust here so I don't have to try and play phone tag with tech support.

I know it's simple.....any ideas?

Mike Null
05-21-2012, 4:02 PM
Leave the halftone off box unchecked.

Check your palette, make sure you're in "standard" mode. Those are my guesses.

Peter Meacham
05-21-2012, 8:26 PM
Scott

The color pallet didn't change on you did it, in Corel - maybe to CMYK? Not sure if that would make a difference, just something to check.

Pete

Scott Shepherd
05-21-2012, 9:52 PM
Scott

The color pallet didn't change on you did it, in Corel - maybe to CMYK? Not sure if that would make a difference, just something to check.

Pete

I don't think so. I have 2 palettes open, the Trotec basic and the extended. Nothing else. I've sent it over 20 times now with everything I can think of.