PDA

View Full Version : Vector not cutting through on right hand side - Zing 16

nathan mcafee
05-20-2012, 6:21 PM
I am doing vector cuts on 1/8" hardboard and am having trouble getting a clean cut on the far 2" of my 16" wide wood. Am doing 100% power, 30% speed. Everything on the first 14 inches cuts clean but the last 2 inches just won't get through the material.

I have done a work-around and used color mapping to slow the items on the last 2 inches down to 20% power and it will give me a clean cut. This works but there must be a right way to do it.

The wood I am using isn't the best quality but I am consistently having trouble in the same spot, so it isn't inconsistent wood. I have searched the forum and google and have

1) checked to ensure the engraving platform is level
2) cleaned all of the parts and optics that I can see or think of
3) made sure the vector table I am using is level (I am using a plastic grid for florescent lights. I know it is a sad method but I just can't afford a vector tray yet)
4) Cussed a lot.

Any ideas?

Greg Bednar
05-20-2012, 6:55 PM
<snip>
2) cleaned all of the parts and optics that I can see or think of</snip>
Any ideas?

Does this include the encoder strip and reader?

nathan mcafee
05-20-2012, 7:40 PM
It was Alignment. Roy Brewer set me straight. Have learned more from that man in a month than I did in 19 years of college.

It was a bit scary opening up the side of my brand new machine but the epilog site had great pictures to fine-tune alignment. Back to cutting, every minute that I spend typing instead of cutting costs me $1, or so I would like to think.

Thanks